Dr Naviaux will be speaking on CDC phone call may 25

Anomie

May 25, 2017

3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT

NEW CALL NAME

The CDC CFS Patient-centered outreach and communication activity (PCOCA) has been changed to

CDC Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Stakeholder Engagement and Communication (MECFS-SEC)

Call number: 1-800-988-9482
Participant Code: 3242630

Please mark your calendars for the next CDC Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Stakeholder Engagement and Communication (SEC) Conference Call.

Meeting Agenda

3:00pm Welcome and Telephone Overview

3:05pm Updates from CDC – Elizabeth Unger, PhD, MD
Branch Chief, Chronic Viral Diseases Branch
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

3:15pm “Metabolic Features of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)”

Robert K. Naviaux, MD, PhD
Professor of Genetics
Biochemical Genetics and Metabolism
Departments of Medicine, Pediatrics, and Pathology
Co-director, The Mitochondrial and Metabolic Disease Center (MMDC)
University of California, San Diego (UCSD) School of Medicine

3:45pm Questions for Guest Speaker and CDC

I am going to listen and I'll try my best to take notes.

Seanko

Apparently it has been recorded & will be available in a couple of weeks. (According to the OMF)

Forebearance

I thought it was interesting!

It does raise some questions for me, though.
If his study on boys with autism taking the drug suramin is repeated with ME/CFS patients, and he finds that we also respond well to the drug, that sounds really great!

But I still want to know WHY so many people are getting stuck in a state of "Cell Danger Response" these days. Why is it happening more now than it did 50 years ago?

I am worried that we will all take suramin, feel better, and then 5-10 years later all get cancer. Because he is treating the symptoms of ME/CFS, but we will still not be doing anything to remedy the root cause of the illness. What if if the root cause turns out to be something like glyphosate? And it's still all over in our food and water?

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources