Enhancing Sleep with 5-HTP

Resource Enhancing Sleep with 5-HTP

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Enhancing Sleep with 5-HTP - Dr. Murphree's Protocol

Dr. Murphree has written several books on fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and other health issues. He runs a clinic in Alabama.

From his website: Dr. Rodger Murphree is the founder and past clinic director for a large integrated medical practice located in Birmingham, Alabama. The practice was staffed with board-certified medical doctors, chiropractors, acupuncturists, and nutritionists who combined traditional and alternative medicine. The clinic provided cutting-edge...

Read more about this resource...

LisaR

I tried 100 mg HTP at bedtime for several nights. It did improve my sleep, which was wonderful, but it also made me nauseous so I quit. Is that common and any suggestions?

AnneVA

You may try going more slowly with a smaller dose and ease into a larger one. Here is an article that may be of interest. This is an fascinating topic! Here is a quote from a linked article. "The enteric nervous system uses more than 30 neurotransmitters, just like the brain, and in fact 95 percent of the body's serotonin is found in the bowels. Because antidepressant medications called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) increase serotonin levels, it's little wonder that meds meant to cause chemical changes in the mind often provoke GI issues as a side effect." Gut's "Second Brain"

AnneVA

Thank you, Anne! I'll see if I can find 50 mg capsules so I can work up more slowly.
Lisa, We use Natures Way. You need a good quality and that is just one. And these are tablets that you can cut in half, quarters, etc. Some people are sensitive to meds, etc. and a little goes a long way. Being able to edge up on the dose will help you find that spot if it can be found.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources