Resource Evidence ME/CFS is not psychological (video)

Seanko

A very good resource for patients are the series of videos on produced by the Dutch ME/Society
Wetenschap voor Patienten - ME/cvs Vereniging (Dutch ME/CFS Sociiety on YouTube)

The latest instalments come from psychiatrist Dr Neil Harrison of Sussex University. In them he discusses what is known about ME/CFS & the brain. In the final one he talks about evidence that ME/CFS is not a psychological disorder. He quotes the work of Prof Andrew Lloyd of the University of New South Wales in Australia on infection & the emergence of fatigue symptoms in the aftermath.

The relevant section begins at 5 minutes 20 seconds. To go there directly click here.

Last edited:

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Very nice - thanks Seanko! Lloyd is apparently looking at neuroinflammation now. He's a careful researcher - if he finds something I imagine it will be there. Since the Dubbo studies he's said ME/CFS is in the brain.

If I was to pick the most influential studies in ME/CFS it would be beyond doubt the Dubbo studies.

Seanko

Normally you can get Youtube videos to start at a certain point but the forum software begins the film at the beginning :S

Here is the link to start at 5'20.
Start at 5'20"

weyland

Very nice - thanks Seanko! Lloyd is apparently looking at neuroinflammation now. He's a careful researcher - if he finds something I imagine it will be there. Since the Dubbo studies he's said ME/CFS is in the brain.
Your opinion of him seems to have changed substantially in the last year.

http://www.healthrising.org/forums/...ecline-and-fall-of-an-me-cfs-researcher.2416/

I'm curious what he did to win you back since then, I'm guessing not his work and emphasis on CBT/GET.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources