Feel Like Run Over By Mack Truck

jaminhealth

Briefly, a friend with long time Malaise, takes 200mg of Potassium 4-5 times daily and gets some lift from t his, we get so little in foods. I've posted a lot about potassium here I believe. I'm doing the above 4 times daily and TRYING to get potassium from foods, it's tough. RDA for adults is 4700mg daily..

On neuropathy, my best finds are Inosine and Sphingolin as I ended up with neuropathy from a hip replacement 11 yrs ago, bad bad bad outcome.

I sleep 10 hrs nightly and believe I have my sleep routine posted here.

IBS is an issue and I get more backed up as I have gotten older, but historically I've been sluggish...Don't eat foods that clog up. Magnesium in larger doses helps, stool softeners, pain meds mess us up, and if we don't move a lot anymore, that's a huge one.

Amla helps me a lot with sluggish bowels. And if need be, drink more hot/warm water during the day, that's if one is dealing with sluggish bowels.

On allopathic docs, I don't see them They are pretty much worthless on getting to roots of issues.

Jschmidt

Hmm, are you saying the "mack truck" feeling is gone? Or it's expected because of your age? Because if the latter, I'd disagree. I've known a lot of elderly people and there's no reason they should all expect to feel that way.
My mother is 80 and has tons of energy bikes and walks for miles every day and does weight training. Don’t give up looking for ways to make yourself feel better. Have you explored MCAS? Maybe try to eating low histamine foods. ? Check out mast cell 360. I feel like a flattened person under a truck when I eat histamines and my MCAS is activated. Only found out about it after ME kicked in.

Not dead yet!

On allopathic docs, I don't see them They are pretty much worthless on getting to roots of issues.

Well I agree they are frustrating and often useless. However, neurologists have been helpful to me, and once the playacting of "am I diabetic yet?" is over, there will be another flurry of activity. Unless I manage to avoid diabetes. Unlikely but there's still hope. And where would we be without dentists? Imagine trying to deal with an abscessed tooth on your own.

jaminhealth

My mother is 80 and has tons of energy bikes and walks for miles every day and does weight training. Don’t give up looking for ways to make yourself feel better. Have you explored MCAS? Maybe try to eating low histamine foods. ? Check out mast cell 360. I feel like a flattened person under a truck when I eat histamines and my MCAS is activated. Only found out about it after ME kicked in.

Your mother is rare, and my huge issue is living now 11 yrs with a mega bunch of damage from hip replacement...and advanced OA issues from the surgery.

I'll look at MCAS...don't know w hat this means...thanks.

MCAS is a condition in which the patient experiences repeated episodes of the symptoms of anaphylaxis – allergic symptoms such as hives, swelling, low blood pressure, difficulty breathing and severe diarrhea. High levels of mast cell mediators are released during those episodes.

I don't have these issues.

jaminhealth

This morning was terrible with the Mack Truck feeling. I was thinking of starting to write money checks to my daughter , I felt so wrecked. Looked up the potassium issue again and took 400mg on the spot and looked too at more high potassium foods, like beans and lentils, and I eat a good deal of both these.

Not dead yet!

This morning was terrible with the Mack Truck feeling. I was thinking of starting to write money checks to my daughter , I felt so wrecked. Looked up the potassium issue again and took 400mg on the spot and looked too at more high potassium foods, like beans and lentils, and I eat a good deal of both these.
Were you close enough to Hurricane Ian to get an atmosphere "depression" in the air? Because any brain swelling issues like encephalitis, concussion, or migraines can be triggered by sudden increases of barometric pressure. Once the hurricane skies cleared around me, I got a mean headache that I"m still dealing with. And I'd definitely describe it as "Mack truck hit me." It's also all over ache.

jaminhealth

No hurricane near me, and today I feel a bit better, upping the potassium does help.

For better general overall health YOU may be missing it if you do NOT take a powerful antioxidant like Grape Seed Extract, Pycnogenol, Reservatrol, Asthathin etc etc

Not dead yet!

That's good to hear. :) There's some pretty concentrated potassiums available if you want. Potassium citrate, or bicarbonate are available. Also No-Salt is basically a potassium supplement. But use caution, at your age. Too much can become what's called a "heart block" and there's no antidote, it can stop your heart beating if you overdose. Keep it under 2 grams.

I've also noticed that sometimes potassium can be a temporary fix. I've stopped herxing with it too. It works too often, to be a coincidence.

jaminhealth

That's good to hear. :) There's some pretty concentrated potassiums available if you want. Potassium citrate, or bicarbonate are available. Also No-Salt is basically a potassium supplement. But use caution, at your age. Too much can become what's called a "heart block" and there's no antidote, it can stop your heart beating if you overdose. Keep it under 2 grams.

I've also noticed that sometimes potassium can be a temporary fix. I've stopped herxing with it too. It works too often, to be a coincidence.
I'd say More lean to potassium deficiency..

jaminhealth

Well since I upped my middle of night potassium tabs, the last couple mornings I am much much less fatigued.....amazing and happy for that. I KNOW MANY ARE DEFICIENT IN POTassium and for sure as aging....

Not D---Yet, I would get rid of that handle, give yourself some High points to life. Feed your body some positive words, it can make a change, change your words, change your life.

Last edited:

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources