Found A Core Psychological Feature to Fix - But How?

Empty

Betrayal.

After all these years I have realised that this has been a life theme throughout.

Experiences of betrayal by Doctors misrepresenting, misdiagnosing, conning the M.E. community with the fraudulent PACE trial. Whilst most of us were open initially to psychological therapies, we reported back that these caused harm and were betrayed and portrayed offensively for it.

Betrayal by Advocate and Psychologist James Coyne. Who still has not even bothered to apologise for his violent outburst and attack on sick M.E. Advocates and every single patient with M.E. A further slight to himself on his own character. It takes a real man to apologise for causing suffering to disabled groups.

Those in my life, especially people who I have genuinely helped the most, wanting nothing in return, have betrayed me the most.

There is no point in trusting any individual because they are so flakey, unreliable, undisciplined. It doesn't stop me giving with discernment but not ego giving - to fluff up the ego for praise, for thanks, to feel better about myself as a bargaining chip, to be thought well of etc.

Would you really go and sit in with the crazy lions in a zoo? Sending out those "loving vibes and positivity" in the trust that you won't be mauled?

I have felt frustrated because M.E. does make for unreliability in every aspect. But this is not who I am.

I think it could be argued that the disease M.E. has some seriously bad karma. I do not mean the disease itself, I mean all the stigma and discrimination that comes with it.

Any techniques to heal this?

madie

Yes, I have this thread running through my life also. I don't think any of these life-patterns are healed directly. We all have them; life is difficult and unfair.

I use basic mindfulness techniques. Whether it's my side of the dance arising (replaying how hurt I am), or the other side (remembering what was done to me), I step outside of the drama and look at myself running this old tape again. I step into the position of Awareness watching me choose to stay tangled in emotions that make me unhappy.

Over time I catch the tapes earlier and earlier, and eventually I get bored of them altogether. Because really - this was all awful the first time around. Why would I choose to keep experiencing it?

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
T
Betrayal.

After all these years I have realised that this has been a life theme throughout.

Experiences of betrayal by Doctors misrepresenting, misdiagnosing, conning the M.E. community with the fraudulent PACE trial. Whilst most of us were open initially to psychological therapies, we reported back that these caused harm and were betrayed and portrayed offensively for it.

Betrayal by Advocate and Psychologist James Coyne. Who still has not even bothered to apologise for his violent outburst and attack on sick M.E. Advocates and every single patient with M.E. A further slight to himself on his own character. It takes a real man to apologise for causing suffering to disabled groups.

Those in my life, especially people who I have genuinely helped the most, wanting nothing in return, have betrayed me the most.

There is no point in trusting any individual because they are so flakey, unreliable, undisciplined. It doesn't stop me giving with discernment but not ego giving - to fluff up the ego for praise, for thanks, to feel better about myself as a bargaining chip, to be thought well of etc.

Would you really go and sit in with the crazy lions in a zoo? Sending out those "loving vibes and positivity" in the trust that you won't be mauled?

I have felt frustrated because M.E. does make for unreliability in every aspect. But this is not who I am.

I think it could be argued that the disease M.E. has some seriously bad karma. I do not mean the disease itself, I mean all the stigma and discrimination that comes with it.

Any techniques to heal this?
That's a tough one but a good one...

Acceptance that a lot of people are flakey? That we as human beings are pretty flakey,that we always want to look good and often do what's necessary to do that - even if it hurts others.

Don't sit with the crazy lions - Take a wide berth around them - let them be the way they are - and take a wide berth around them..

No need to engage....

Find people worthy of engagement and focus on them....(?)

Empty

I do like the juxtaposition of radical acceptance.

Fierce compassion is another.

I liked this picture.
Brain-drain.jpg

Reactions: zzz

Cort

Staff member
Yes Radian
I do like the juxtaposition of radical acceptance.

Fierce compassion is another.

I liked this picture.
Brain-drain.jpg
Yes Radical acceptance. I love that book by Tara Brach....saying Yes! to everything.

Another from Landmark Education - is to practice choosing everything! What a practice that is! Practice choosing fear, frustration, anger, disappointment as well as happiness and acceptance.

What we resist persists...

Last edited:

Empty

Yes, I have this thread running through my life also. I don't think any of these life-patterns are healed directly. We all have them; life is difficult and unfair.

I use basic mindfulness techniques. Whether it's my side of the dance arising (replaying how hurt I am), or the other side (remembering what was done to me), I step outside of the drama and look at myself running this old tape again. I step into the position of Awareness watching me choose to stay tangled in emotions that make me unhappy.

Over time I catch the tapes earlier and earlier, and eventually I get bored of them altogether. Because really - this was all awful the first time around. Why would I choose to keep experiencing it?

The yogi who wrote autobiography said that a fast technique was to breathe through the spine which would cause friction an effectively rub out the "tape recordings" stored in the DNA. This frees up this stored energy for rejuvenation and bliss. This technique required initiation and concentration. K something yoga. I have always had peace, even in pain and drama, but rarely bliss.

I think I can watch until the cows come home and its not really helping. It helps with emotions. But really, so what?
Whilst the question Who is the "I" that steps in and out of personhood is useful to be aware of, its not really the type of Total Transformation that is the original intent?

Cort

Staff member

We said...I think we keep playing tapes of things that we never resolved or that reminded us of things we never resolved. That's the only sense I can make of it.

madie

The yogi who wrote autobiography said that a fast technique was to breathe through the spine which would cause friction an effectively rub out the "tape recordings" stored in the DNA. This frees up this stored energy for rejuvenation and bliss. This technique required initiation and concentration. K something yoga. I have always had peace, even in pain and drama, but rarely bliss.

I think I can watch until the cows come home and its not really helping. It helps with emotions. But really, so what?
Whilst the question Who is the "I" that steps in and out of personhood is useful to be aware of, its not really the type of Total Transformation that is the original intent?

When I said "watch" the tape, I didn't mean to let it play out. I meant that I put myself immediately outside of the experience of remembering, by noticing that this isn't actually happening now. Instead of being the subject inside of the drama playing out in my head, I know that this is just a memory, an object, not-Me. The whole point is to NOT play the tape.

I literally say "Oh, hi, you again" when this stuff arises now. This has completely transformed my relationship with my mother and siblings. They are who they are, they have no interest in waking up, so they continue to play their games. And none of it touches me any more, because it has nothing to do with me.

As to the yogi offering initiation (for a price, yes?), I've also had doctors say they'll cure me. "Tapes in the DNA?" I can't relate. I also don't think it's useful to worry about getting rid of karma. I think the path out of karma, if it exists, is to wake up.

You might be interested in a new book by Ken Wilber, Integral Meditation.

Empty

"tapes" = memory/recording system.

Strong test if your family can no longer push your buttons! :)

I don't know anything about the "initiation" usually they are all at a price.

Don't like the sound of Ken Wilbers name. Not for me.

Empty

Lets all test our buttons. lol.

To keep up to date, there is a new book coming out, the completion process.

madie

Ah hahaha! I fast-forwarded randomly and got "For instance, something that can trigger cancer in you can do nothing to me." Hahahahaha!

Empty

I actually woke up with a lot of pity for Psychs lost in the mind.
Its like watching a pokemon go game.

They are all very likeable people and I am aware of their background and really I think they probably do better than trained psychiatrists. But they are all utterly addicted to psychologising everything it seems.

TS does say her book is going to shake up the psych world. I am all for that :)

I definitely prefer that they use Cancer as a platform example rather than M.E. I would definitely have more respect for these cliques if I could see recorded examples of Cancer healing with no other treatments being used other than their mind techniques.

There are some nuggets in there, worth watching all the way through.

I have had a surprise on my recent protocol (high carb low fat diet) -Cellulite has just melted away.

The type of thinking offered on these platforms would have you believe that cellulite is from unresolved childhood issues.

Last edited:

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources