Glimpses of improvement on new protocol

Tammy7

I was going to wait for awhile to post my protocol to see if I continued to gain improvements and if those improvements were sustained but because I was asked about the protocol by Cort I will go ahead and relay. (no problemo). First I will say that I have not taken these supplements in an organized precise way.........I have been kind of going on intuition and notes about the doses based on how I think the supplements are affecting me.

Here is my protocol.

L-lysine.....2-4 caps a day (500 mgs) for EBV
Licorice root extract.....2 drops 2X daily for EBV and adrenals
Concentrated Zinc...2 dropperfuls 2x daily..for EBV and immune system
Cats claw..........this is on hold because of too much detox......will continue after I see more improvements so hopefully my body more able to handle. (for EBV)
Ester C......2-4 caps daily (500 mgs)
Barley grass juice powder.......1/4 tsp every other day for thyroid and adrenals.
Hawaiin Spirulina.....1/4 tsp every other day..........this serves as my multivitamin.
B12..liquid mixture of methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin 80/20 mix. 250 mcgs 2x daily.

The above supplements are of course good for more things than what I listed.

These are conservative doses for right now........my body was detoxing too much with higher doses and it was just too uncomfortable.
Improvements so far and note: improvements at first were just here and there but they are becoming more consistent. Too early right now to put a percentage on the improvements and because symptoms still fluctuate as to intensity......just too complex to be accurate with that.
Improved sleep
Better core energy
PEM better
Only glimpses of improved OI
glimpses of improvement with muscle and joint pain
Fine motor coordination better
Brain fog improved
Mood improved. My worries seem to be lifted to an extent.
Don't feel as fluey.

I have been on the protocol for approx. 2 months and will probably start increasing the doses in a week or two. Also I have not taken the supplements every single day. I will take 1-2 days off a week. And again going by intuition and my notes sometimes I might leave out a supplement for more than 1 or two days.

I'm aspiring to improve my diet. I'm eating more healthy than not but I feel it can be improved.......I feel it is important.

Note to myself................Don't push it with any newfound energy and drink more water! (I'm never thirsty)

I am hopeful but at the same time almost afraid to get too hopeful..........which I know most of you can understand. I will update as time goes on. :)

Last edited:

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
That's great Tammy. That looks like a very healthy protocol.

I find it's very important for me to take it easy. Just get little bumps of energy - too much overwhelms my system for some reason....and build and rest and pace and try and be happy too! :banhappy:

Tammy7

Thanks for sharing - would also mind sharing your if you are FM and/or ME/CFS and primary symptoms?
Diagnosed with CFS almost 19 yrs ago. Hard to list just the primary symptoms as they all feel primary to me...........feeling heavy, lethargic and fluey, muscle weakness, orthostatic intolerance, pem, muscle and joint pain from even simple exertion.......yucky heavy,fuzzy feeling in head. I never did include FM into my diagnoses but I suppose I have it to a degree.

Last edited:

Tammy7

That's great Tammy. That looks like a very healthy protocol.
Thanks Cort..............there's really nothing earthshattering about the supplements I'm taking................but for right now it seems to be the right combination for me.

ScottTriGuy

Diagnosed with CFS almost 19 yrs ago. Hard to list just the primary symptoms as they all feel primary to me...........feeling heavy, lethargic and fluey, muscle weakness, orthostatic intolerance, pem, muscle and joint pain from even simple exertion.......yucky heavy,fuzzy feeling in head. I never did include FM into my diagnoses but I suppose I have it to a degree.

Jeez Tammy, that's a helluva lot to be dealing with for so long - you are big time resilient - I can't even wrap my head around 19 yrs and I'm fairly functional currently.

Tammy7

It's been about a month so thought I would update. My improvement is not going as fast as I would like..........Ha ha.........what's new. I have actually felt more energy on other protocols...........however.............. and this is a big however.............the subtle energy I am starting to see improve is coming from a deeper level than ever before.......there is something so familiar yet unfamiliar about this 'type" of energy. It feels like a deeper stronger energy...........whereas with other protocols it felt like more of a superficial energy. I am still seeing the improvements that I have already mentioned above and like I said they are subtle but yet still noticeable enough to make a difference. I am 3 months into new protocol and I have increased dosages:
L-lysine........5-8 caps a day....for EBV
Licorice....4 drops 2x daily...........for EBV, adrenals
Barley grass and Spirulina ............taking both every day now at 1 tsp of each a day...........serving as multi-vitamin, adrenals, thyroid, metals
I have added Cats Claw at 6 drops daily..............for EBV
B12......I listed the wrong initial dose above...........I started out at 625 mcgs 2x daily and now am taking about 1250-1500 mcg's 2x daily.............works on the entire endocrine system and CNS
Vit C............4-6 caps daily.
Zinc........aprrox 15 mg/daily........EBV and immune system

Issie

Cats claw is one of the things that will kill protozoa. Some use Banderol, Samento and grapefruitseed extract to hit all three forms of Lyme. You are right it causes quite a bad detox or herx. For that I find turmeric to be a necessity.

Issie

Tammy7

Almost 4 months into protocol: I have not lost any of the benefits I've gained. I've realized that I had so many little symptoms that sometimes I forget when they are gone that I even had them until I go back to old notes. So even if I don't feel a BIG/ HUGE improvement energy wise............ I realize a lot of the little symptoms I used to have are gone.......... like the restless leg syndrome I always had..........the tingling/pins and needles I used to feel in my lower legs........both gone. The sore feeling I used to get on my scalp......gone. The feeling like I had a sunburn on certain areas of my body.......gone. The sometimes sharp pains I would feel in my right lower jaw.......gone. I'm sure I'm missing mentioning more.

The progress in general of my new protocol goes something like this.
First two months were very up and down.............the up days were significant. I experienced several what I would call herxes that lasted about 3-4 days where I would feel worse than normal. During the first 2 months I was tweaking the dosages of the supplements a lot. The 3rd month felt kind of flat like nothing was happening good or bad. Into the middle of the 4th month is when I started to notice some of the little annoying symptoms were gone. Also.........my body feels more even and it feels like improvements moved up a notch.............not a lot but still up. I think I said this before..........but if I had to pick a symptom that I could say that really stands out as improved is the fluey feeling. I remember just this summer sitting outside in the garden talking to some neighbors and I felt like DEATH WARMED OVER...............that crappy flue like feeling...............and I remember thinking while everyone was sitting around laughing/ talking, etc..................will I ever feel good again..............so I can also .......enjoy this simple act of sitting in the garden with friends and having a laugh or two. Anyway..........I havn't felt that fluey feeling in the last few months.

Whenever I don't feel like I'm making any progress...............I have to go back in time and think of certain instances/symptoms that remind me that yes I have improved.

I am up to the dosages that were suggested to me for the first 6 months of the protocol. (except for the b12)
Zinc..........15 mgs daily
Cats Claw......6 drops 2x daily
L-lysine.............2,000 mgs 2x daily.......totaling 4,000 daily
Licorice root liquid.......6 drops 2x daily
Ester C...............same dose as lysine
Hawaiian spirulina.............1 tsp daily
barley grass juice powder............1 tsp daily
B12...............2,500 mcg 2x daily.......totaling 5mgs/daily (suggested dose 10mgs daily..........not there yet)

Last edited:

Tammy7

Update: I am finally reaping more noticeable rewards! I am two weeks into my 5th month on protocol. I'm experiencing the wow factor now.................just in the past two weeks. What I have noticed the most is that I am doing things without even thinking twice about it. Usually if I have a task to do............the thoughts that precede the task are can I really do this right now........maybe I need a plan B.....etc. etc. Tasks are feeling less effortless. My body is starting to feel like it's not moving against this invisible gravitational force. The other day I was driving and something felt really weird with my arms...........it was like this sensation I hadn't felt in a very long time. They felt light..........almost felt like they could just float on their own! My body is feeling lighter and less constricted.
Some things that I've noted in my diary. I perspired a lot the first 4 months on protocol............I'm guessing detoxing. The perspiring has almost stopped and that is when I noticed the wow factor. My wow factor might not be a wow factor for someone else but I can say with confidence now that the protocol is really doing its thing.

Last edited:

Cort

Staff member
Update: I am finally reaping more noticeable rewards! I am in the middle of my 5th month on protocol. I made a mistake in above post........should have read 4 months. I'm experiencing the wow factor now.................just in the past two weeks. What I have noticed the most is that I am doing things without even thinking twice about it. Usually if I have a task to do............the thoughts that precede the task are can I really do this right now........maybe I need a plan B.....etc. etc. Tasks are feeling less effortless. My body is starting to feel like it's not moving against this invisible gravitational force. The other day I was driving and something felt really weird with my arms...........it was like this sensation I hadn't felt in a very long time. They felt light..........almost felt like they could just float on their own! My body is feeling lighter and less constricted.
Some things that I've noted in my diary. I perspired a lot the first 4 months on protocol............I'm guessing detoxing. The perspiring has almost stopped and that is when I noticed the wow factor. My wow factor might not be a wow factor for someone else but I can say with confidence now that the protocol is really doing its thing.
That is so great Tammy. This really illustrates why we should stick with protocols for quite a while. Dr. Lerner kept his patients on high doses of antivirals for a year or more before he was satistified that it was not going to work.

All these feelings - less effort, feeling lighter, not feeling dragged down by gravity - they are all great signs - and signs that you were right in the beginning that the energy was coming from a different source.

Congratulations - continued good luck with it and thanks for sharing :)

Tammy7

Quick update: Almost finished 6 months on protocol. This month what I have noticed the most is improvement with my OI which is one of my most challenging symptoms. I am so happy with this improvement! I'm taking a little break from supplements and see what my body does and then assess what I need to do starting in the new year.

Cort

Staff member
Quick update: Almost finished 6 months on protocol. This month what I have noticed the most is improvement with my OI which is one of my most challenging symptoms. I am so happy with this improvement! I'm taking a little break from supplements and see what my body does and then assess what I need to do starting in the new year.
Congrats Tammy for sticking with the protocol and continuing to move forward. How improved would you say your OI is?

Tammy7

Don't really know if I can put a percentage on improvement..(that's still hard for me to do...........and I think I completely forgot what normal is over the years!).................let's just say for now when I go out to run an errand or whatever ............I am not looking for a place to sit down as much as I was even 1 month ago. The improvement is becoming more and more noticeable whereas before I would only catch a glimpse now and then of improvement.

Cort

Staff member
Don't really know if I can put a percentage on improvement..(that's still hard for me to do...........and I think I completely forgot what normal is over the years!).................let's just say for now when I go out to run an errand or whatever ............I am not looking for a place to sit down as much as I was even 1 month ago. The improvement is becoming more and more noticeable whereas before I would only catch a glimpse now and then of improvement.
Cool. That's great - noticeable improvement - I love it!

CPheroes

Hi Tammy, I'm glad to see that you are continuing to improve! I was wondering where you learned of this protocol?
Cheers, Kristina

Tammy7

Hi Tammy, I'm glad to see that you are continuing to improve! I was wondering where you learned of this protocol?
Cheers, Kristina

Anthony Williams..................Medical Medium. I highly recommend his book. I realize that not many may be open to this kind of thing but the information he gives is over the top compelling and put a lot of the pieces of the puzzle together for me. I wanted to wait before I mentioned his name............. to be sure that I was in fact improving and I have no doubt now. :)

Tammy7

I hope I didn't scare anyone off! I am still improving even more and in the future I will write more about how this journey with Anthony started. My reading with him was in June of 2015. I have taken about 11 months of notes now first from his webinars when he was doing those and now on his hayhouse radio programs that anyone can listen to every Monday. His focus is on health issues.....................especially revolving around all the chronic mystery illnesses that are plaguing us such as CFS, MS, LYMES, etc. I have been doing medical research for almost 20 years and this is the most important information.........hands down............that I have come across.

Remy

Administrator
I hope I didn't scare anyone off! I am still improving even more and in the future I will write more about how this journey with Anthony started. My reading with him was in June of 2015. I have taken about 11 months of notes now first from his webinars when he was doing those and now on his hayhouse radio programs that anyone can listen to every Monday. His focus is on health issues.....................especially revolving around all the chronic mystery illnesses that are plaguing us such as CFS, MS, LYMES, etc. I have been doing medical research for almost 20 years and this is the most important information.........hands down............that I have come across.
I just finished Medical Medium and I'm on the fence about him and his theories. I really hate that they basically paid for all the five star reviews on Amazon by offering a giveaway. It subverts the whole review process.

That said, I did enjoy the book for the most part and had a laugh so many times as I started to argue with him in my head only to have him address my arguments in the next paragraph.

I still think he's way off on his understanding of the WHI trial and its findings and also on BHRT. And why didn't Spirit address cancer and other serious diseases too? Or is he waiting to see if this book catches on and that will be the next one? Suspicious.

I think his supplement plan is sound though and includes most things I've found helpful over the years including licorice, b12, lysine and lemon balm.

I also wonder why he doesn't mention antiviral drugs even once.

But I did enjoy the sections at the end especially about the Angels.

Congratulations on your progress, @Tammy7 . I'd love to hear more about your consult with him sometime too. Did you feel like he was more intuitive than others?

Tammy7

Hi Remy.....................I believe most people will be suspect. There's not a bone in my body that is suspect and maybe because I've listened to him for the last 11 months so feel like I've really gotten to know him more and more and have had a reading with him and the fact that I am improving. The information in the book is just too detailed about the virus...............I mean really..........who would make all that up? Also the information makes sense to me.............it puts alot of the pieces of the puzzle together for me............But I am not here to convince anyone..............I've shared this information privately with a lot of people and to tell you the truth most do not seem that interested..............but I feel like the information is so important that I had to share. I did wait for a bit to see if I was in fact improving. I am spending most of my time now on groups that support the information he is sharing and we are supporting each other through the protocols.

I am not sure what you mean by ..."Did you feel like he was more intuitive than others"

I am sure he didn't mention antiviral drugs because he prefers herbal anti-virals.

What is the WHI trial you mentioned?

Last edited:

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources