Holtorf Touts COQ10 for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Got Klimas in there....
Yelp is my bible for reviews. I use it for everything. Dentist, handyman or restaurant.

I know there are good and bad reviews for everything. Some of the medical sites don't allow for comments. I like when people comment that a doctor is good but the office staff is bad.

Or the one for Holtorf who felt like she got good information but felt like she was being pressured to buy stuff from them when she got it for much less. I also did not like how Holtorf responded with specific medical information about a treatment plan. Doesn't that violate HIPPA?

Doctors who have no respect for a patients financial situation is a problem for me. My NP has never once said I have to buy something from her. In fact one doc fired me for non-compliance when I would not buy stuff from him.

@Cort Kaufman. Klimas, Vira?
Got Klimas, Kaufman and Irma Rey in there...

Forgot Natelson. - will get him in there.

Cort

Staff member
Yelp reviews in holtorff are pretty bad. I'm a cynic like @Zapped but one success story in how many years does not inspire confidence.

And Cort, what's the point if you can't afford it?

I know people who use SHINE as a starting point but I think teitlebaum over sinplfies how easy that all is.

I get this is a miserable disease to treat and it's hard to get good results but I don't hear people being this negative about Chia, Lerner, Enlander and others.
I think Teitelbaum does simplify how easy it is - for some and it's enough for others....obviously it's not enough for some...probably many

Zapped

@Cort. A friendly tickler for an easy-to-overlook key name for the 'Bible',
really the forerunner of all these coalitions to get something done about CFS is Dr. Byron Hyde. He really went out of his way and made a lot of tangible, practical contributions which have endured -
as he has.

Maybe he should get some special recognition up front for his steadfast pioneering and advocacy
work long before the momentum as we now know it. As you know he beat the drums before
Parliament, wrote the textbook on 'The Science of CFS' and followed up with a couple of supporting
works of note.

[Of lesser note recall there's also Jay Goldstein and Dr. St. Armand (the IMO - Guiafenasin advocate)
should you want to include the more nebulous contributors, if that's the right moniker versus the current crop of treating physicians???]

Dang, a few important figures jump up at oddest times - like some whose light shined for awhile then
went gray... . No doubt you have extensive notes to review when you have the time. 'Hope this helps.

Who Me?

My thought that this is for docs who are still alive and treating people. If I remember correctly Goldstein (if he's still alive) surrendered his license. I do see Lerner is on his list.

Don't know if St. Armad or Hyde are seeing patients.

And do we want to get into "foreigners" because then there is Sarah Myhill and DeMerlier

Cort

Staff member
Thanks Minx!

I'm taking Lerner off will check out Hyde and them foreigner's as well - good idea.

Here's the list now. Their age is in parentheses. I'm using three doctor review databases right now - Vitals / HealthGrades and Rate MD's - (I cut out Yelp because except for Holtorf I wasn't finding many reviews). I checked out a couple of others but they didn't seem very impressive but am open to them.

Dr. Lucinda Bateman (57)
Dr. John Chia (62)
Dr. Paul Cheney (68)
Dr. Daniel Dantini (73)
Dr. Derek Enlander (79)
Dr. Eric Gordon (64)
Dr. Kent Holtorf (51)
Dr. David Kaufman (68)
Dr. Nancy Klimas (60)
Dr. Andreas Kogelnik ()
Dr. Charles Lapp (68)
Dr. Susan Levine
Dr. Jose Montoya (55)
Dr. Benjamin Natelson (73)
Dr. Dan Peterson (65)
Dr. Alan Pocinki
Dr. Irma Rey (61)
Dr. Peter Rowe (60)
Dr. Mark Sivieri (43)

Cort

Staff member
Byron Hyde has a few reviews - the other two none at all. These are mostly US databases...

Zapped

Byron Hyde has a few reviews - the other two none at all. These are mostly US databases...

Looks great to me!
I agree with Minx. The bygones can't really help today (unless you include Sister Moon and The
Tea Leaf Readers).:droid:
FWIW, I think Hyde, will do video conference, then if they meet his criterion will diagnose only?
(Needs confirmation; maybe on the nightengale ME site?)
Goldstein, last I recall was ill and may have passed?
Doesn't Cheney still see patients, albeit at their own risk,)?
Hmm, seems like some missing??? (...I've got over 25 years of papers, books, etc. stacked in the
library but I hate going through that stuff - kind of depressing. It's to be put in boxes next to my tombstone, which of course reads 'Told you I was sick!':inpain:

Cort

Staff member
Looks great to me!
I agree with Minx. The bygones can't really help today (unless you include Sister Moon and The
Tea Leaf Readers).:droid:
FWIW, I think Hyde, will do video conference, then if they meet his criterion will diagnose only?
(Needs confirmation; maybe on the nightengale ME site?)
Goldstein, last I recall was ill and may have passed?
Doesn't Cheney still see patients, albeit at their own risk,)?
Hmm, seems like some missing??? (...I've got over 25 years of papers, books, etc. stacked in the
library but I hate going through that stuff - kind of depressing. It's to be put in boxes next to my tombstone, which of course reads 'Told you I was sick!':inpain:
Hyde does have a couple of recent reviews so he's still doing something. Cheney is still seeing patients :))) and he is on the list....I think I have most of them but am probably missing a couple...Pridgen - I'm going to look for Pridgen..

Zapped

@Zapped You changed your avatar. quit messing with my brain!!
'Sorry, Minx, but like Zorro, I must hide lest 'they' find my true identity and beat a path to my door.:mask:
(I got a Shower, S, and a shave - first time this month - time for a fresh look!)

BTW, your brain is just fine, judging by your posts.

Last edited:

Zapped

When you feel the wiring HDQ is back to normal maybe you can announce it with a new avatar, e.g a brain on legs. OTOH, it's pretty neat (and cryptic) as is.
:happy:...
My thinker has plenty of bandaids but remains above the speed limit (for now).

Last edited:

Who Me?

I have one working brain cell Earl. I seriously doubt I'll get much cognitive function back.

And I love my avatar. Expresses my sentiments about so many things on so many levels.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources