how long does it take for cromolyn to kick in?

ankaa

how long do you have to take cromolyn nasal spray for it to start helping? I heard a long time ago that it takes a long time, but i"m not sure if I'm remembering correctly... thanks.

Remy

Administrator
how long do you have to take cromolyn nasal spray for it to start helping? I heard a long time ago that it takes a long time, but i"m not sure if I'm remembering correctly... thanks.
The nasal spray should begin to take effect quickly with the effects being cumulative over time.

The oral solution can take up to 6 months to see full results.

Lolinda

Has anyone tried any herbal / natural mast cell stabilizers? For how long with what effect? Thanks!

@ankaa @Remy if I may ask, how did it go for you with cromolyn?

Last edited:

Remy

Administrator
Has anyone tried any herbal / natural mast cell stabilizers? For how long with what effect? Thanks!

@ankaa @Remy if I may ask, how did it go for you with cromolyn?
Welcome @Lolinda!

After 6 months, I stopped the Cromolyn because I didn't see enough difference to make it worth the hassle.

It went fine for me though after the initial ramp up.

Now I'm only taking holy basil but I have taken quercetin as well (along with the antihistamines).

There is also a TCM blend that is supposed to be effective, https://www.nature.com/articles/srep38736, but I have not tried it myself yet.

ankaa

Welcome @Lolinda!

After 6 months, I stopped the Cromolyn because I didn't see enough difference to make it worth the hassle.

It went fine for me though after the initial ramp up.

Now I'm only taking holy basil but I have taken quercetin as well (along with the antihistamines).

There is also a TCM blend that is supposed to be effective, https://www.nature.com/articles/srep38736, but I have not tried it myself yet.

Is holy basil an antihistamine?

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources