How members can help HR grow and thrive

IrisRV

I've been talking about it via PM with a few people, but this needs public discussion. I expect this to be a wide-ranging discussion. All ideas are welcome. Let's not make a long list of things for Cort to do. He has enough on his plate. What we need here is what we can do.

I'm beat today, so I'm not up to digging out all the suggestions and associated details that have come up, but I'll at least mention a few ideas:
  • Make a functionality scale so we can talk more easily about our improvements or relapses. There is a suggested one that might need tweaking. If someone can post it here for discussion, that would be great. If not, I'll try to get to it when I'm feeling better.
  • Try to bring in patients from more countries so we don't get a one-country viewpoint here. How can we do that?
  • Contribute as well as read. HR needs many perspectives to avoid becoming a single-minded groupthink forum. Everybody is important.
  • Can members do something on social media to support HR?
We need to discuss these ideas and many more. We need new ideas and thoughts about ideas already posted.

Have at it folks!

Who Me?

More people need to start threads and start discussions.

As people's health fluctuates others can help. I'm bad right now so I can't contribute like I want to.

madie

I was contacted by a friend on PR, who told me that a lot of people have come over here. I checked, and the forums are much more active than when I joined. So now I'm looking for threads to post on, to help keep things moving, and so people can get to know me.

The personal contact was a great idea.

IrisRV

I was contacted by a friend on PR, who told me that a lot of people have come over here. I checked, and the forums are much more active than when I joined. So now I'm looking for threads to post on, to help keep things moving, and so people can get to know me.

The personal contact was a great idea.
Madie! Good to see you!

Unfortunately, we're not allowed to contact our friends through PR, even if we're still members (ie not banned). So personal contact is probably best done through FB or other forums.

Who Me?

For those interested, here are the forum rules. A handy feature, should you need to cool off is Ignore. Click on your name at the top. On the right side of the pull down towards the bottom is Ignore member. Go from there. You can also ignore threads.

What Forum rules? (We're working on them :).)

The basic rules are to treat people with respect, don't get personal and if you feel like you want to reach into the computer and pull someone's head off - it's probably time to take a break and reflect on the fact that everyone's opinion is valid (even if its wrong, wrong wrong! They think you're wrong, wrong, wrong! as well :)). What's not valid is expressing an opinion in a demeaning or overly aggressive way.

Your opinion (probably) won't get you into trouble but the way you deliver it may.

All opinions are valid but if a person is continuously stirring things up and causing a lot grief on the Forums we'll take a look at that.

One ID per person please. Don't slam ME/CFS organizations in your signature. Representatives of companies are welcome if you identify yourself as such. Spammers will be eradicated upon contact.

Only caregivers are allowed in the Caregiver Forum. This is so they have the freedom to express themselve fully with other caregivers. Please respect this.

Once you put your content on Health Rising it's basically ours. You're free to modify it if you wish, but we will not eliminate whole threads and we won't eliminate all your posts. If you made a mistake in your post you can click on the edit button and fix it. We're very conscious of the need to maintain privacy; if something comes up that you feel transgresses the level of privacy you wish to maintain, let us know.

http://www.cortjohnson.org/forums/faq/where-are-the-forum-rules.12/

Sheryll

Could we have an edit button in PM please. I was able to edit a post not long after I had posted it but now there is no edit at all.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources