Immunoadsorption - a Potential Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)

Resource Immunoadsorption - a Potential Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Immunoadsorption - a Potential Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) - Blood purification treatment being studied in Germany for ME/CFS

Immunoadsorption is a possible immune treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) being studied in Germany. Similar to plasmaphoresis, immunoadsorption is a blood purification technique which removes IgG autoantibodies and other pathogenic substances from the blood.

It’s an expensive treatment (about $20,000) that is sometimes used in multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune diseases.

Dr. Carmen Scheibenbogen’s small immunoadsorption trial used ME/CFS patients which...

Read more about this resource...

Not dead yet!

Cort submitted a new resource:

Immunoadsorption - a Potential Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) - Blood purification treatment being studied in Germany for ME/CFS

Read more about this resource...

Although I welcome all possible solutions, wouldn't this be like closing your eyes to avoid seeing a battlefield, until a stray bullet kills us? I definitely have off the scale IgG levels but I've always assumed it meant that there was a recurrence of the pathogen. I didn't read the entire thing, but they seemed to be avoiding discussion of the pathogen and focusing on the antibody. Did I miss a section where they justified ignoring the pathogen? More harm than good? Or any other reason given?

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources