In defense of low fat - Denise Minger

tandrsc

Thanks for posting this.

It's taking me forever to read, but I am now less confused about the low/high fat diet thing.

Empty

Yes, me too.
Here is some of the info presented by Denise Minger on a you tube clip called 'Lessons from the Vegans'.

Empty

http://nutritionfacts.org/

This is probably an alternative diet view to that of the mainstream CFS/ME community, who go more for paleo? but worthwhile and interesting I think. It expands on the low fat theme which is why I have not started a new thread.

Issie

I love Dr Gregor site. He keeps me motivated to be Low fat, whole food Vegan. There are other sites that you can learn from to do this in a healthy way:

Forks over Knives
Dr McDougal
Engine 2
Dr Caldwell

And others. Do a search in this circle of people as they all subscribe to and promote this lifestyle.

You have to do it healthy. I use an app to make sure I'm getting my nutrition and keeping my fat low enough and protein high enough. It's a free app and has been a very good aid. Called Sparkpeople.

Issie

Empty

Thanks Issie, that's really great.

I am into the low fat, high carb info currently. But not all raw. Lots of fruit. If one thing was missing from my diets i have tried over the years, it was fruits! I had also developed a problem with citrus etc. But when that went after I improved a bit, it opened up a new avenue of fresh, vibrant, energising, instant nutrition for me. I do really love it.

It is good to feel supported in the science too eating this way. I am making good improvements.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources