Interested in Keto? Read this article!

Remy

Administrator
If you have ever wondered about ideal levels of ketones or how the newer ketone supplements fit into the ketogenic diet, read on! This is a very comprehensive review by Marty Kendall. Highly recommend.

https://optimisingnutrition.com/2015/07/20/the-glucose-ketone-relationship/
    • A low carb helps reduce blood sugars and insulin levels and helps improve common metabolic diseases (e.g. diabetes, heart disease, stroke, cancer, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s).
    • We become insulin resistant when our adipose tissue becomes full and can’t store any more energy. Excess energy is then stored in the liver, pancreas, heart, brain and other organs that are more insulin sensitive.
    • Endogenous ketosis occurs when we don’t eat, and we burn our own body fat (e.g. fasting). While insulin and blood sugar levels are low, we may have lower blood ketones flowing from our fat stores.
    • Exogenous ketosis occurs when we eat lots of and/or take exogenous ketones. Our blood ketones may be higher, but our insulin levels will also rise because we have an excess of energy coming from our diet.
    • Most of the good things associated with ketosis occur due to endogenous ketosis.
    • Most people following a ketogenic diet have lower blood ketone values than Phinney’s ‘optimal ketosis’ chart, especially once they become fat adapted and are not trying to drive high blood ketones through the consumption of excess energy from refined fat.
    • If your goal is blood sugar control, longevity or weight loss then endogenous ketosis with lower blood sugars and lower ketones is likely a better place to be than chasing higher blood ketones via lots of added dietary fat.

Abrin

If you have ever wondered about ideal levels of ketones or how the newer ketone supplements fit into the ketogenic diet, read on! This is a very comprehensive review by Marty Kendall. Highly recommend.

https://optimisingnutrition.com/2015/07/20/the-glucose-ketone-relationship/

You totally read my mind, Remy. I've been thinking a lot about the Keto diet lately. I have been trying to take baby steps towards eating less carbs lately and looking into building this DIY Ketosis detector

Abrin

I’m totally impressed by your DIY skills if you build this!

I will be totally impressed by my DIY if I can build this too.....I have no problem admitting it is completely out of my current skill set but I am silly enough to give it a try anyway. :)

luckyme

I would love to try Keto but im way to animalistic for that. I just cant resist a good meal with loads of carbs.

Lissa

You totally read my mind, Remy. I've been thinking a lot about the Keto diet lately. I have been trying to take baby steps towards eating less carbs lately and looking into building this DIY Ketosis detector
HA! My husband is an engineer. I sent him the link -- I am betting that he'll want to run out and build one ASAP. Thanks for finding this!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources