Iodine and Viruses

jaminhealth

Does everyone here dose with Iodine? I have been for probably 20 yrs and a good friend who is battling CFS does as well...we've traveled this route together over many yrs. I use Iosol daily and there are so many benefits to small doses iodine, one for sure breast health.

I trust Mercola's work.

Last edited:

Creekside

I had benefits from iodine, but it didn't work if I took it daily; one dose every 21 days was what worked for me. I didn't need to check the calendar for when to take the next dose; I'd start feeling really lousy, and then if I checked the calendar, it would be 21 days since my last dose.

While iodine worked for me, I think it was the extra T2 (3-5 diiodothyronine) my thyroid produced from it that was responsible. T4 and T3 had no noticeable effect for me, but T2 did. A 100 mcg dose of T2 and a drop of tincture of iodine had the same effect on me. The iodine was cheaper, so when the T2 ran out, I used iodine instead.

The first couple of doses of iodine or T2 triggered temporary remission. It was the major boost in energy I had from a mulitvitamin/mineral tablet that led me to figure out which nutrient was responsible.

BTW, yes iodine is a strong antiviral and antibacterial chemical...in vitro. That means that it kill microbes on contact, such as when you apply it to a wound or a contaminated surface. That does not mean that swallowing a tablet will kill microbes in your body, except for the few that encounter the dissolving tablet. The body quickly transports the iodine ions to the thyroid gland where they get bound into the thyroid hormone molecules.

jaminhealth

I take 1 drop Iosol just about every day, when I've skipped for a while, I would end up with breast pain and tenderness....don't want to go there again. I follow Dr. David Williams protocol.

Creekside

I think my response to iodine and T2 are unique to me. You did ask about dosing with iodine, so I thought I'd add my experiences with it. PWME seem to have a wide variety of responses to the same thing.

JameDiagonal

I had benefits from iodine, but it didn't work if I took it daily; one dose every 21 days was what worked for me. I didn't need to check the calendar for when to take the next dose; I'd start feeling really lousy, and then if I checked the calendar, it would be 21 days since my last dose.

While iodine worked for me, I think it was the extra T2 (3-5 diiodothyronine) my thyroid produced from it that was responsible. T4 and T3 had no noticeable effect for me, but T2 did. A 100 mcg dose of T2 and a drop of tincture of iodine had the same effect on me. The iodine was cheaper, so when the T2 ran out, I used iodine instead.

The first couple of doses of iodine or T2 triggered temporary remission. It was the major boost in energy I had from a mulitvitamin/mineral tablet that led me to figure out which nutrient was responsible.

BTW, yes iodine is a strong antiviral and antibacterial chemical...in vitro. That means that it kill microbes on contact, such as when you apply it to a wound or a contaminated surface. That does not mean that swallowing a tablet will kill microbes in your body, except for the few that encounter the dissolving tablet. The body quickly transports the iodine ions to the thyroid gland where they get bound into the thyroid hormone molecules.

I agree! Iodine is a strong antiviral and antibacterial chemical...in vitro. That means that it kill microbes on contact, such as when you apply it to a wound or a contaminated surface.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources