is anyone here that tried Etanercept?

loki

hi, suddenly i developed Psoriasis and the skin falls down like snow... i found out that Etanercept (Enbrel in germany, very expensive..) is a TNF-alpha inhibitor and that it's in clinical trials for Alzheimer Disease (which is an autoimmune disease like Psoriasis) and that it improves cognitive and memory problems in alzheimer right after the first injection. look up youtube for some really hilarious videos.
So, is there anyone here that has experience with Etanercept? ah, and Etanercept is used for Psoriasis. It's contraindicated in infections because TNF-a is important for the body to control the infection and when it's downregulated the infection could go haywire...
I wish you all the best

actual medication:
L-Polamidon 30
Dextroamphetamine 10
Curcumin 168 (high bioavailability)
Seroquel 50 for sleep

Last edited:

Who Me?

I went to a rheumo about 3 years ago for my psoriasis. She would not treat me until I got my immune system checked because it looked off

It took me several years to finally see a good immunologist. He had temporarily dx'd me with CVID but I know he has ordered labs to look for a more specific immune disorder because I had high IgM, low IgG and low IgA.

So for me it's more of an immune issue but I think it could be a problem with infections. @Strike me lucky wohld know

Last edited:

loki

Hmm.. i think we have the same problem with two different causes.
your underlying problem seems to be the viruses that keep your
immune system fighting and make it sensitive and it gets to

Psoriasis and all the other problems because of the Cytokines (TNF-a, IL, etc)
that mess with the body...
mine is an immune system that is "just" highly sensitive,
but also the uncontrolled release of cytokines are what messes me up...

Have you ever tried out Immuneglobulins in combination with Antivirals?
It's so complicated... when something is complicated it's a motivation to

keep working on the problem but when everyone around one is just saying
"ahh, it's all in your head..." i could take a shotgun and shoot ...

next week i get into UKM hospital here in my city , i try to get my
hands on Enbrel, maybe it does something... i'm tired of this ****

on top of this a syringe (for 3 days of treatment) costs round about $500. this is such a good drug but when i look at the price tag it makes me hopeless...
$5000 per month for drugs... even the cocaine addicts would laugh at me

Last edited:

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I went to a rheumo about 3 years ago for my psoriasis. She would not treat me until I got my immune system checked because it looked off

It took me several years to finally see a good immunologist. He had temporarily dx'd me with CVID but I know he has ordered labs to look for a more specific immune disorder because I had high IgM, low IgG and low IgA.

So for me it's more of an immune issue but I think it could be a problem with infections. @Strike me lucky wohld know
Is he thinking that etanercept might be a possibility do you know?

I know it can be tough to get ahold of that drug. I know one person the only think she could qualify for were high dose steroids which wiped her out. Now that those didn't work another immune modulator might be a possibility. I think they were looking at Remicade

The virus / immune question is really tricky. She's done best on antivirals thus far.

Who Me?

We never even got that far. She saw my labs, saw something was off and refered me the a clinical immunologist. Without knowing what is up with that, psoriasis treatment is on the back burner. If it's even possible with whatever I have.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources