Jamison Hill, featured in "Forgotten Plague," now bedbound; funds sought

Merry

If you have seen "Forgotten Plague," you probably remember Jamison Hill, who, before he became ill. was a bodybuilder. When he first appears in the film, he is still well enough to exercise some and is articulate and alert as he talks to Ryan Prior. Later in the film he is much worse. Now from the film's Facebook page comes word that Jamison is now bedridden and in need of funds for better medical care.

For those who have seen Forgotten Plague and are wondering about updates from Jamison Hill, the bodybuilder featured in the film, Jamison Hill has become much worse. He is now entirely bedridden.

According to his family's GoFundMe page, "All day he lies in a darkened bedroom, unable to tolerate light or sound, able to make only the smallest movements of his body, unable to speak, eating only pureed foods through a straw, and fighting despair and loneliness." His is in a state similar to Whitney Dafoe, another well-known severe patient featured in Forgotten Plague.

Visit their GoFundMe page to help their family pay for world-class medical care at the Open Medicine Institute in Mountain View, CA!
https://www.gofundme.com/z72amn3c

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Oh my gosh - poor Jamison. What a fall he has had...

Merry

Here's the update written two days ago at the fundraising page. This may have been written by Jamison's godmother, Mary de Rosa, the person who set up the page.

Just wanted to let you all know that we've raised over $635 for Jamison's next 2 doctor visits at Open Medicine Clinic. Thank you all so much. We only have $365 more to raise. It would be so cool to reach our goal of $1,000 by Valentine's Day. A pretty sweet valentine to deliver to Jamison and his family. You are all rock stars-thanks for making Jamison feel loved and supported.

Mary de Rosas

Thank you all so much for your kind and supportive words about Jamison. He's blessed to have you. My name is Mary de Rosas and I am Jamison's godmother. I started the GoFundMe page for him in August 2015 when his family had run out of funds to pay for his care at OMI (they don't take insurance) and his caregiving.

About a year ago this time Jamison began to decline precipitously and has been bedbound since, pretty much in the condition described in his GoFundMe page. But in the last 2 months or so he has seen some significant improvement! He can now use his phone to send texts and emails and to listen to podcasts. He can speak 10-15 words a day (if not more) and he is making edits to his memoir. I saw him in January and was struck by how much he'd improved since October 2015. The link to the page is: https://www.gofundme.com/z72amn3c?u...ail&utm_content=cta_button&utm_campaign=upd_n. Lots of updates there, including marking of all of his improvements. His sense of humor and determination remain intact and robust!

As someone watching from the outside I must say the weight and destruction and mercilessness of this illness can break you-as a family member or friend. To all of you who suffer with the illness-know that you are not forgotten. Your strength and determination to help each other are amazing-may you all have health. And thanks for walking with Jamison.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources