Janet Dafoe and Ron Davis Sing Indian "Honor Song" For Lost ME/CFS Patients

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Ron Davis and Janet Dafoe are not your average Stanford couple. They have many interests and very deep roots in the Native American community. Click on the attachment below to download a file and hear them sing a Native American honor song for lost ME/CFS patients.

Attachments

• IMG_4383.mov
    19.6 MB · Views: 397

Laurie P

Cort said:
What is an honor song?

Janet said:
It's a song to honor someone or something. When they are sung, the people usually stand up and sing with it as much as they can. That happened at the rally. It was moving. The one we sang is Cherokee.

http://www.healthrising.org/forums/...n-me-cfs-the-missingmillions-talk.4424/page-2

Beautiful! It's too much for me to sing out loud; I'm singing in my heart and spirit.

I think of all of the generations that came before me and all that they had to endure so that I could even exist. I have some Blackfoot ancestry on my mother's father's side of the family; with the last name Defoe. My great grandmother; on my mother's side of the family, died giving birth to my grandmother. My great grandmother; on my father's side of the family, was able to come to America as a teenager from Poland and to create a new life and a family for herself here. Her brother; who stayed in Poland, was shot and killed by a Nazi soldier while he was out gathering firewood.

I'm an only child and I was never well enough to have children. I got sick at age 17; when I had mono and a severe strep throat at the same time. Now, I'm 50. I haven't been well enough to trace my family tree and I'm missing branches I'll never create in my family tree because of the politics of this disease.

For me, it's been 33 years of lies, lack of appropriate medical care, lack of understanding and persecution that I’ve endured. When this happens in a household, it’s considered neglect and domestic violence and it’s criminal. Why is it accepted when doctors and governments do it? This is unconscionable. The government needs to act substantially, extensively and appropriately now. No more generations should be lost to this disease.

Merida

Yes, I think it is important to access ancient wisdom, and continue to seek the hidden corridors into the subconscious and super conscious realm. Try dowsing ( A Letter to Robin online will show you how to do it. ) If well enough, take a course in Reiki, core Shamanism ( The Foundation for Shamanic Studies - headed by Michael Harner, Ph.D - retired university prof. ). Look for a local Qi Gong master and seek advice. The best read : Spirit Talkers by William Lyon, Ph.D - retired prof of anthropology/ religion. He was adopted into the Lakota and given Native American name.
Some pretty amazing things come up in these explorations.

@Laurie P - I have a 'feeling' that such trauma from earlier generations can somehow be transmitted. Native American medicine men dealt with this, and labelled it as loss of a piece of the soul. They did soul retrieval ceremonies to solve this issue. Soul loss opens the individual to illness and disease.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Beautiful! It's too much for me to sing out loud; I'm singing in my heart and spirit.

I think of all of the generations that came before me and all that they had to endure so that I could even exist. I have some Blackfoot ancestry on my mother's father's side of the family; with the last name Defoe. My great grandmother; on my mother's side of the family, died giving birth to my grandmother. My great grandmother; on my father's side of the family, was able to come to America as a teenager from Poland and to create a new life and a family for herself here. Her brother; who stayed in Poland, was shot and killed by a Nazi soldier while he was out gathering firewood.

I'm an only child and I was never well enough to have children. I got sick at age 17; when I had mono and a severe strep throat at the same time. Now, I'm 50. I haven't been well enough to trace my family tree and I'm missing branches I'll never create in my family tree because of the politics of this disease.

For me, it's been 33 years of lies, lack of appropriate medical care, lack of understanding and persecution that I’ve endured. When this happens in a household, it’s considered neglect and domestic violence and it’s criminal. Why is it accepted when doctors and governments do it? This is unconscionable. The government needs to act substantially, extensively and appropriately now. No more generations should be lost to this disease.
So powerfully said Laurie!

And what a family history you have - my gosh...

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources