Jodi Basset : Creator of Hummingbirds Foundation For M.E. Is Dead at the Age of 39*

Rachel Riggs

@Cort I just talked to Carol Head after confirming the date on their website - and she tells me he's cancelled and will reschedule sometime this Fall. Sounds pretty noncommittal. I commented that he seems rather unavailable and she responded with - he's a busy guy running a large dept at Stanford.

What gives?

Rachel Riggs

@Cort This is one of those moments where I feel pressure to simply be appreciative when REALLY my head wants to explode with what I consider overt unprofessionalism.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
@Cort This is one of those moments where I feel pressure to simply be appreciative when REALLY my head wants to explode with what I consider overt unprofessionalism.
:wtf: :wtf:

That's a good one Rachel...I must say that's a great sentence! :)

No idea what's going on. I imagine that SMCI was not happy but I did hear that we will be getting a Spring Newsletter from Dr. Montoya soon and we'll see what they're working on.

Rachel Riggs

@Cort hahhaha - it's just strange that there has been so much recent activity and visibility within the CFS community of late -- with the exception of Montoya who seems to be MIA. I try to behave myself here, but I am irked.

Cort

Staff member
@Cort hahhaha - it's just strange that there has been so much recent activity and visibility within the CFS community of late -- with the exception of Montoya who seems to be MIA. I try to behave myself here, but I am irked.
Sometimes you just got to let it out......:punch: :punch:

I've been wanting to use that smiley for awhile!

This guy is pretty fun as well. I don't know what he's doing. I think he's throwing up...

:spitoutdummy: :spitoutdummy: :spitoutdummy:

Hezza

@Cort Do we know the official cause of death?
Don't jump all over me, everyone:shy:. I know it is ME or complications from that.

But after everything she did to heal her body, just curious as to what ultimately failed to the point of causing death in this complicated, multi system disease.

40 is so young but at the same time a long time for her to suffer.

Merida

So very sad for all of us. I liken our situation ( ie multiple causes / similar end result) to that of "hepatitis." Hepatitis can be caused by a virus, a bacterial infection, various toxins, autoimmune issues, genetics, structural/ blood flow issues ( I have a large hemangioma in my liver), and even odd genetic issues. However, the end result and symptoms overlap and cause inflammation and dysfunction of the liver. For us, it is the brain that has been 'insulted' in some important way.

Cort

Staff member
Tom Kindlon's twitter feed (https://twitter.com/TomKindlon) says she died of breast cancer.

"#JodiBassett "died of breast cancer that could not be treated because her body was so weakened by #severeME.""
Wow....How rough to know you have something like that and you can't even attempt the treatment...and with breast cancer most forms of which are often now very readably treated.

Merida

I hope no one on this Forum ever has to face cancer. But if you do, and you are having trouble tolerating treatment, please investigate Adam McLeod, naturopath ( Yaletown Naturopathic clinic - western Canada) and Master Mingtong Gu at The Chi Center, near Palo Alto, CA. I participated in a day long seminar with Adam McLeod, and believe he is authentic. I tend to be very cautious about claims of profound healing help, but there are a very special few people. These two people treat the side effects of chemo, and their treatment is not meant to replace standard cancer treatment/ care.

It is so hard to keep going and not give up.

Cecelia

I am shocked she died so young though grateful when we can learn of any one of us passing. I hope that everyone on our main forums will put a note in their will or papers to notify us, maybe sharing immediate cause of death and some way to send a message to the family, if that is ok.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources