June 16 - Jose Montoya Webinar - The Solve ME/CFS Initiative

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Seriously. Stanford is still sitting on like 2-3 papers aren't they?
Check this out;

Montoya got a $5 million donation in 2008. He's also got other donations...

This is what has been accomplished:
  • The Stanford program has published two papers that I can find since then - the leptin paper by Jarred Younger and the brain imaging Zeineh paper; they did publish some valganciclovir papers but it took them 6/7 years to get the second valganciclovir study out...
  • In the newsletter last year he stated that two Zinn papers would be published soon; they both left and decamped to Chicago where they are working with Lenny Jason
  • In the 2014 Symposium presenters stated that gene expression tests showed that ME/CFS was an inflammatory disorder - no papers have been published
  • The 2015 Spring newsletter stated they and Dr. Lipkin had "exciting" pathogen results; nothing has been published
  • They stated they were running 600 samples through Mark Davis's machine - that never happened
http://www.healthrising.org/blog/2014/03/20/tweeting-stanford-symposium-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/

There's more - off the top of my head I can't remember everything but that Stanford program is severely underproducing plus the Zinn's and Younger are gone. I tried to send him a list of questions but the only email I could find didn't work...I have found some other avenues, though, and will try them.

On the face of it it doesn't look good.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Me too. Hopefully we'll know more at the Webinar.
Agreed, the silence is deafening. I had thought maybe they were saving everything up for one big publishing blitz but now I'm not so sure. :confused:

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources