Kombucha - It's Working

Empty

Thanks @RuthAnn, I guess after so many years of being so sensitive tocaffiene I was just enjoying 'normal'.

That being said, society is hardly 'normal' it is stressed out, on alcohol and caffiene and junk to function. Who wants to return to 'normal'? Not me. So I stopped with the caffiene. I haved decided if I do return to it,only one cup a day and never every day.

Who Me?

@madie I've been looking at this again, and your comments about fermented foods and GI problems.

Would sauerkraut work? That's the easiest for me to get and it would be an inexpensive way to test. I can have my shopper get some for me.

madie

@madie I've been looking at this again, and your comments about fermented foods and GI problems.

Would sauerkraut work? That's the easiest for me to get and it would be an inexpensive way to test. I can have my shopper get some for me.
Let's chat about it. It's a large topic.

Who Me?

Thanks @madie I don't have the brain power for it right now. To many other things I need my one brain cell for.

I'll ask again when things settle down for me.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Good for you on cutting out caffeine, Empty!

I have 4 quarts of kombucha brewing in my kitchen cabinet, but after reading this most recent post of yours, @Cort, I have decided to not drink it. I have been going back and forth with it for many years now, and I just have to accept that it's not good for me.

For me, at least, I think it's the acetic acid. Any type of vinegar really bothers me. And caffeine bothers me, too.
I'm back on Kombucha....I actually don't know how I could have made it through the last week without it. I've been getting my 4Runner ready to sell...It was so dirty from all my traveling on dirt roads that it took hours and hours just to get the carpets clean. Several times Kombucha boosted my energy and calmed my system down.

I realize that it's a different hit from caffeine. Caffeine picks me up but Kombucha seems to relax me and pick me up..I wonder if its partially a pH thing?

I was also about a week ago able to tolerate some Red Bull on a car trip without a relapse the next day and I've been better at tolerating higher glycemic foods.

RuthAnn

I'm back on Kombucha....I actually don't know how I could have made it through the last week without it. I've been getting my 4Runner ready to sell...It was so dirty from all my traveling on dirt roads that it took hours and hours just to get the carpets clean. Several times Kombucha boosted my energy and calmed my system down.

I realize that it's a different hit from caffeine. Caffeine picks me up but Kombucha seems to relax me and pick me up..I wonder if its partially a pH thing?

I was also about a week ago able to tolerate some Red Bull on a car trip without a relapse the next day and I've been better at tolerating higher glycemic foods.

That's great! Wow, and no relaspse! I didn't trash my kombucha, I am going to try it again. Small amounts before meals is supposed to help with digestion.

TigerLilea

If you decide to try sauerkraut, it has to be non-pasteurized. Most grocery stores don't sell it - you have to find it in health food stores in the refrigerator section. Anything that comes off the shelf has been pasteurized and usually has vinegar in it. Those ones don't have any of the beneficial bacteria in it.

TigerLilea

Not going to. I'm totally unmotivated to do more than supplements right now.
I'm trying everything I can get my hands on. :hungry: Sauerkraut, home-made kefir, yogurt, and every different kind of probiotic I can find that doesn't bankrupt me.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources