Kratom

Steve

Seems like a good time to post my recent research with kratom from the kratomtradingcompany, very fast, pleasant, high quality products (was reco'd to me), seems like good variety. That said, I had nothing but bad experiences with using it and see it as another treatment failure. I ordered several Bali blends, red and green ma daeng powder, single white and green powders not handy to name. I got 6 different varieties for $5 each for 10 grams of each, enough for five trials of each, and they threw in a free sample of 10 grams which I asked them to do in case I missed a different variety because I wanted to cover all of the bases. First class discrete shipping. If you read the recos on the site, you'll realize that people have very individual responses even within categories and with FM for 30 years, my CNS is probably nowhere near as issued. Some people seemed like stoners, some looking for pain relief, some just occasional recreation, and some said they took this stuff and went and had a great energized day at work. I think they must have been mattress testers. Being a scientist, I used a protocol to test each one, taking 1/2 a gram an hour every hour for three hours. 1.5 g is the ultra minimal dose but I figured I'd get a sense of each and that sure was true. I used a Ten point scale and rated each variety for me on pain effectiveness, sedation, duration, and side effects. I've gotten through four of them and am deciding whether to continue as I don't like being doped up. Two of the varieties, mellow Bali blend, and red ma daeng literally couch locked me to zombie hood for four hours, sitting in a chair nodding off and barely able to speak to my wife or get up. That was only after 1/2 to a gram of each. By the third dose I was really stupefied, not sure why I continued. Yes, they relieved some pain, maybe at a 6 level of effectiveness but criteria important to me are being able to drive and think...no way. The other two varieties were not reds but I did not get the uplifting energy from the white or the mellow feeling from the green, just mild sedation from each. The good things about kratom are that it comes on slowly, though I started to feel one Bali effect in only ten minutes, and only lasts 3 1/2 to 4 hours with zero hangover, though you have a dry mouth, some anticholinergic effects but not critical on my elderly male urinary system, sorry for TMI but a big factor for my meds, almost all of which are anticholinergic. I did not have either any nifty euphoria or energy, maybe with one of the three strains left if I can get myself to try it. While I didn't have super high hopes for kratom for me, it's now one more door closed and there aren't really any more doors other than continuing to look for different brain zappers to try as I haunt Kickstarter and Indigogo. Kratom is pretty cheap to try and won't kill anybody so it's probably worth a trial, seems to help some some people with pain. The taste is not good, I tried to mix it with grapefruit juice but it is insoluble in water so you just end up eating it and chugging the fluid. I then read that grapefruit juice affects the enzyme used to metabolize it, you might check out. Do not inhale the powder while trying to chug it, very bad, did once. I'd be happy to comment further but I'm not going to be the poster child for kratom. I don't want to hog the thread.

madie

@Steve my dose is never more than 1/4tsp, or 0.5g. I drink it as a hot tea. I've had good results with Wicked Kratom's Confetti blend for energy. I get a gentle lift with no jitters or crash.

I don't have pain issues, so I'm no help there.

Steve

Thanks for your reply, Madie. I'm glad to hear K helps someone. I can't find a Wicked Kratom website anywhere so if you can post a link, I'll try the Confetti. If they have anything else you think might help, let me know since that is probably a very small order. I'll see if they have anyone reporting pain relief for one of their varieties. I don't see how you can drink a tea of this vile stuff even with a lot of honey and lemon, I just tried to swallow it down fast.maybe it dissolved better in hot water but still...

madie

Wicked has morphed into a new form: https://www.wickedteacompany.com/ Password is wickedtoto (I have permission to post this). On the left sidebar, click on Product Info to find descriptions of the kratom strains and blends. Then go back to the sidebar and click on Tea to order what you want.

I just moved, and most of my stuff and all of my kratom + notes is in storage. I brought PA Botanical's White Gold with me - I take 1/4 tsp for a lift very similar to Confetti's. I remember taking a Red Horn when I had a tooth extracted, rather than whatever doctors prescribe. But I was testing 5 vendors' products at the time, so I can't be sure where I got it from. Some people on Reddit have posted problems with PA. I didn't have any trouble. I haven't ever heard criticisms of Wicked.

1/4 teaspoon in a mug of boiling water, add sugar (I don't like the taste with honey), let it sit for a bit. I find the taste very mild. At 1/2 teaspoon, it gets less fun to drink.

Good luck with this. I hope you hit on something that helps you.

Steve

Thanks for taking the time to write, will check it out. There is a big salmonella kratom outbreak with FDA requested "recalls" so I'm cautious about ordering unless someone has recent experience with a company. A password is interesting. One of the odd things, apparently, with kratom is that higher doses can have opposite effects of lower but it would take a lot of nerve to really up a dose that already stupefied you.

madie

See my post above about the salmonella kratom issue. It's one company, and I've never heard of them.

Steve

Oops, missed it, sorry.
Unless I missed this, I didn’t See variety and composition of the WTea products. On the wicked trading co site, for example, Bali mellow blend is 50% Thai red vein and 50% Thai green vein. I couldn’t find that type of info on WT, just catchy names. Am I missing it? For example, the composition of Confetti.

madie

I copied Amy's list when I was planning my first orders, and this is the description of Confetti:

Confetti Blend = reds, greens, whites & yellows/ energizing or mellow

Steve

Wow, that's a mixture of everything, thanks. I have to say I still like my site, with exact percentages and allowing purchase of only 10 grams to try. I will keep Confetti in mind. I may try Borneo white vein this afternoon though, truthfully, I don't look forward to another four hours on an uncertain drug. No free lunches with fibro.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources