Lady Gaga Reveals She Has Fibromyalgia

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
She's smart, a great marketer, a top pop star and she has fibromyalgia. Not only that but Lady Gaga participated in a Netflix documentary on her struggles with the disease. (Gaga: Five Foot Two will launch on Netflix on September 22.)

Who knew? Lady Gaga, of course, looks as athletic as they come but she's in real pain. She recently announced that she was taking a rest from music to try and heal. Her aim is to raise awareness and connect people. Let's hope that she knows about the terrible state of fibromyalgia funding and will push for more.

She said

"There is an element and a very strong piece of me that believes that pain is a microphone," she said at the press conference. "My pain really does me no good unless I transform it into something that is. So I hope that people watching it that do struggle with chronic pain know they're not alone."

Hip

I wonder if she developed fibromyalgia recently, or whether she has suffered this for years.

Cort

Staff member
I wonder if she developed fibromyalgia recently, or whether she has suffered this for years.
One of the news stories says it's been years. It sounded like maybe five years? She apparently had an operation some time ago. I wonder if it started then?

I hope she educates herself on funding!!! She's a smart woman - she could do a lot.

Abrin

I saw an advertisement for this on Netflix Canada yesterday. I've put it on my 'To Watch' list.

Cort

Staff member
I saw an advertisement for this on Netflix Canada yesterday. I've put it on my 'To Watch' list.
An Unrest for fibromyalgia? I like it.....We'll see how far Lady Gaga takes this

Abrin

For those people who are currently stuck in bed in Canada, who have Netflix and are also well enough to watch it.....it is up now.

Abrin

So, I just finished watching the documentary and I got to admit I am really disappointed. It barely touches on the fact that she has Fibromyalgia.

Honestly, if you didn't know she has it going in it would be very easy to just think that the pain she is complaning about is coming from an old dance/sport injury. They pretty much gloss over the cause entirely.

Reactions: CJB

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources