Legs don't do as they're told

Curly

Cfs/M.e has severely affected my mobility. I currently walk with 2 crutches at a painfully slow pace. I can't cover much distance as I'm so slow it's exhausting.

It's like the connection from brain to legs isn't quite there. They just won't do as they're told!

Anyone else experience problems with walking? And does anyone have any tips to get walking normally again!

Thank you!!

Tina

I would say about 5 to 6 years in for me I started to notice a difference with my gait. Like my brain had to think just a little harder to do what should just happen automatically.

My legs also started to experience times of feeling like I was trying to walk with weights on them when I didn't have weights on them. A better way to describe the heavy feeling was like making the tightest muscle I possible could with my leg muscles and trying to walk at the same time.

Wish I could give you help. The only thing that helps me is complete rest. I am like everyone else... you do too much and symptoms get worse, you do too little and every thing atrophies. Damned if you do; damned if you don't.

Curly

I would say about 5 to 6 years in for me I started to notice a difference with my gait. Like my brain had to think just a little harder to do what should just happen automatically.

My legs also started to experience times of feeling like I was trying to walk with weights on them when I didn't have weights on them. A better way to describe the heavy feeling was like making the tightest muscle I possible could with my leg muscles and trying to walk at the same time.

Wish I could give you help. The only thing that helps me is complete rest. I am like everyone else... you do too much and symptoms get worse, you do too little and every thing atrophies. Damned if you do; damned if you don't.

Thank you for your reply! I'm only new to this so it's good to hear other experiences. I was only diagnosed 2016 but it affected my walking straight away. There is definitely a delay from brain to legs!

Completely get what that's like. 2 steps forward 10 steps back. But I can't complain. I am getting there slowly and determined to get back to as normal as possible. If I find anything that helps the walking I'll let you know.

Thanks again

Edie

Cfs/M.e has severely affected my mobility. I currently walk with 2 crutches at a painfully slow pace. I can't cover much distance as I'm so slow it's exhausting.

It's like the connection from brain to legs isn't quite there. They just won't do as they're told!

Anyone else experience problems with walking? And does anyone have any tips to get walking normally again!

Thank you!!
Hi Curly. What has worked really well for me is D-RIBOSE. I've had FM for 22 years. I read about this supplement in Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum's book 'FROM FATIGUE TO FANTASTIC' for ME/CFS/FM. D-Ribose boosts ATP energy production in your cells. Before using it, I felt like my legs were bound by wide elastic bands. Now I can walk properly and without effort. I buy NOW co. D-Ribose in a 1lb container from www.totaldiscountvitamins.com, a US online website. Price: 43.09. I would start taking 1tsp. 3-4 times a day for the 1rst month and then go down to 3 or less, as needed. You should find a big difference within a couple of weeks. Hope this helps you!
Thank you for your reply! I'm only new to this so it's good to hear other experiences. I was only diagnosed 2016 but it affected my walking straight away. There is definitely a delay from brain to legs!

Completely get what that's like. 2 steps forward 10 steps back. But I can't complain. I am getting there slowly and determined to get back to as normal as possible. If I find anything that helps the walking I'll let you know.

Thanks again

Thank you!!
Hi Curly

Curly

Thank you! I will look into it.
Great to hear what's worked for different people. At the moment I'll try anything!

Thanks again

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources