Listen to this free musical piece to reduce anxiety!

Remy

Administrator

Paw

Worked okay for me. Although it's hard to beat Brian Eno's old ambient series.

Did you try listening while hooked up to your new Christmas present? Still anticipating your review!

Remy

Administrator
Worked okay for me. Although it's hard to beat Brian Eno's old ambient series.

Did you try listening while hooked up to your new Christmas present? Still anticipating your review!
I'm scared, @Paw. I know it's stupid but I hate electricity and I hate things in my ears. So that's a testament to how important I think the vagus nerve is that I am even willing to consider this treatment. It's just gonna take me a minute to get psyched up so I don't ruin the trial with my anxiety.

Paw

Well I see you pried open the box, so that's a good start! Maybe one of the reasons they let you hook it up to music is to fool you into thinking you're not messing around with your vagus nerve.

This conversation prompted me to order a TENs unit, but that's just hoping it'll help with my RLS. I'm not going to try to use it on my ear just yet. If your Nervana heals you maybe I'll invest too.

BTW, I hadn't known RLS has a real name -- Willis Ekbom disease. It kind of miffed me whenever people classified it as "psychological," because when you have it bad like I do it's severely physicalized. But now I see one of the leading current theories is that the muscles feel they aren't getting enough oxygen because something is wrong with the neurological signalling from the brain (as opposed to localized muscle problems) -- so the muscles keep saying to the body, "Get up and move around," which is felt as a stream of electrical-like currents and shivers in the calves, etc.

So maybe the TENs can trick the leg muscles into thinking they are getting some action? And I can get some sleep?

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources