Map of Nitrate and TTHM Pollution in Rural US

Merry

The Environmental Working Group has produced a map called "Drinking Water in Rural Communities Is Threatened by Farm Pollution." At the top of the map, click on "Map Info" and "Legend" for information on what the map represents. For details on nitrate and TTHM contamination and what can be done to improve water quality in rural communities click on "Report."

Not dead yet!

I'm not sure what the light tan / dark tan range of colors means, and I'm not sure what it means that there are pink, purple and deep indigo colors for the TTHM's. I feel like we're missing parts of the legend. However, it's interesting.

I'm a distilled water type of person. Nitrates can't be removed by any filters I'm aware of.

Merry

I'm not sure what the light tan / dark tan range of colors means, and I'm not sure what it means that there are pink, purple and deep indigo colors for the TTHM's. I feel like we're missing parts of the legend. However, it's interesting.

I'm a distilled water type of person. Nitrates can't be removed by any filters I'm aware of.

Hello, @Not dead yet! . Click on "Legend" on the top right of the map for an explanation of the colors on the map. The browns are "applied fertilizer and manure." The lavender/purple represent levels of TTHM in the drinking water. Pink/red represent levels of Nitrates in drinking water. Indigo I don't see.

I hope that this is some help.

I didn't know that nitrates can't be removed by filters. :yuck:

Not dead yet!

Hello, @Not dead yet! . Click on "Legend" on the top right of the map for an explanation of the colors on the map. The browns are "applied fertilizer and manure." The lavender/purple represent levels of TTHM in the drinking water. Pink/red represent levels of Nitrates in drinking water. Indigo I don't see.

I hope that this is some help.

I didn't know that nitrates can't be removed by filters. :yuck:

Ah, thanks! :) so the shades of tan represent the amount of land under cultivation. And the pink is related to nitrates. The indigo I was referring to was the dark purple which is the higher amount of TTHM. I didn't know the pink was Nitrate, I assumed it was light purple. Oops.

Merry

Oh dear. So the brown areas are the acreage where the fertilizer and manure were applied, and the dots reflect the results of tests on particular water systems? If you click on a dot, you get info on the water system that the dot represents. Sorry, @Not dead yet!, but this morning I'm having more trouble thinking than usual.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources