ME/CFS Retrospective Mortality Study- Help Wanted

Hello!

Solve MECFS posted this on their Facebook page.

Solve MECFS Inititative
Yesterday at 11:22am ·
Do you know someone who had been diagnosed with ME/CFS and has since passed away?

Researchers at DePaul University are investigating issues related to ME and CFS mortality through an online survey. The results will be used to inform the medical community and relevant government
agencies about the frequency and circumstances of deaths resulting from or associated with ME/CFS.

For more information or to take part, go here: https://redcap.is.depaul.edu/surveys/?s=DHxuYxScEn

TigerLilea

Not to be negative, but unless someone commits suicide, how can they possibly determine that a person's death was CFS related?? As we don't know yet what causes CFS I don't see how they could make a connection. Having CFS doesn't leave us immune to getting other illnesses. Just my opinion of course. :confused:

Hello!

Not to be negative, but unless someone commits suicide, how can they possibly determine that a person's death was CFS related?? As we don't know yet what causes CFS I don't see how they could make a connection. Having CFS doesn't leave us immune to getting other illnesses. Just my opinion of course. :confused:
I think they'll be looking at causes of death, age, etc. to see what PWCFS are dying from and when, and comparing that to other populations.

Who Me?

I know of 2 people who committed suicide in the last few months and it was because they felt hopeless with protracted pain or depression.

There are many people who would argue with what you say, and that our compromised immune systems leave us more susceptible to cancers and other disease.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources