Medical Marijuana: Your Brain on Weed - 10 Diseases it May Help

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
From CNN
A bill to enable more medical marijuana research is in committee right now.
Dr. Sue Sisley noticed an unexpected trend among her patients. The psychiatrist works with veterans who struggle with post-traumatic stress disorder, also known as PTSD. Many don't like how they feel on all the meds they take to manage their anxiety, sleeplessness, depression and the flashbacks.

"There's just a few medications on the market that work, and even these can be inadequate," Sisley said. "They end up getting stuck on eight, 10, 12 different medications, and after taking so many, suddenly they're like zombies."

Some of these patients though were starting to feel better. They also seemed much more present. She wanted to know what was making a difference. They told her they found an alternative to all those medicines.

They were self-medicating with marijuana.

"I was really stunned and more and more patients were coming out of the shadows and disclosing to me that they were having some useful experiences with the marijuana plant," Sisley said.

The ten diseases were epilepsy, HIV/AIDS, arthritis, cancer, chronic pain, Crohn's, glaucoma, MS, alzheimer's and asthma

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources