Medical Tests for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Resource Medical Tests for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Kit Cat

Kit Cat submitted a new resource:

Medical Tests for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - A whole lot of tests

Compiled by Lily Silver
A list of medical tests for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Please share your ideas to improve this list.
The Social Security Ruling for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome includes a list of tests that can be helpful for applying for disability. In addition, the ruling recognizes "any other...

Read more about this resource...

laureano

thank you for the info, I as reading the international consensus criteria and I fit it perfectly... I haven't read before that my headaches clearly caused by muscles of the neck where a symptom of CFS: "generalized headaches associated with cervical muscle tension,"
Do you think that "prolapsed mitral valve" might be related to the finding of my echocardiogram that shows "minor mitral valve insuficiency"? maybe I've got a milder form of this anomaly that might worsen with time. I also talked to another CFS sufferer who had the same anomaly

Kit Cat

I'm happy you found it helpful.

I have met several people who said the ICC was a game changer for them :)

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will come by to answer your other question....

Merida

@laureano
I can't really answer the mitral valve question either. But I have a questionable mitral valve issue - have 'redundant leaflets.' All kinds of heart issues run through the side of the family that has the chronic fatigue issues. I have read that mitral valve dysfunction may be related to dysautonomia. It is appreciated that mitral valve issues are very common in fibromyalgia syndrome.

I have observed in my family and others with CFS/FMS that there are numerous physical differences that seem to occur -not just heart issues.
Here are examples: scoliosis, high- Arched palate, cervical ribs, minor vertebral anomalies, finger/feet/toe differences - bunions, rotated little/index fingers, hammer toes, hemangiomas in liver/vertebrae/ elsewhere???, long/redundant colons, and more. I have been trying to understand these observations.

I like the Nightingale Foundation approach, but insurance companies do not comply.

Hustler

Before taking antiretrovirals i tested
Cd8
Cd3
Cd4
And vo2max

Then i took the arv s

Then i did the tests again when i was feeling much better

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY