Meet Willow, dysautonomia service dog in-training!

Remy

Administrator
Hi Remy, I researched http://www.medicalmutts.com/ and I must confess, I am most curious about the progress of Willow's training.

So I'll share another story about the training of my mutts. :D

I was curious about "scent training", so I showed my Weimar a dog biscuit. Made him sniff it, but you can't eat it! Then I closed the front door to my house, with him inside. I dragged the biscuit through the dew-wet grass at night. Halfway through the yard I made a 90-degree turn, and then another, before laying the biscuit in the grass.

He caught the trail immediately upon release, and was going so fast he overran my abrupt turn. He was so excited, he promptly reacquired the trail and wasn't fooled so easily by the second turn.

It took him about 15 seconds to find that dog biscuit, in the dark. ;)
I have a little video. But I have to remember how to post it to Vimeo so I can share it here.

She’s doing great. A little bit of a teenager at the moment, testing her boundaries. So testing me! Good thing I love her so much!

Not dead yet!

My husband is so mean! He calls golden retrievers the "blondes of the dog world." I'm like, yeah, so what? Then I'm tempted to bleach my hair blonde. That'll learn him! :troll:

He is tainted by a love of wolf-mixes. I would come up with some scathing description of that, but truly I love all animals and just can't bring myself to say anything mean about any of them.

I'll convince him yet of the depth of his error. :shifty:

Remy

Administrator
fullsizeoutput_1a01.jpeg

Willow passed her Public Access test last spring, but I have improved so much that I have decided to make her a therapy dog instead of a service dog for me. So we are now working on THAT training, but she is well suited to being adored by others, preferably as often as possible!

Not dead yet!

View attachment 3066
Willow passed her Public Access test last spring, but I have improved so much that I have decided to make her a therapy dog instead of a service dog for me. So we are now working on THAT training, but she is well suited to being adored by others, preferably as often as possible!

Glad you're doing so much better! Great pic!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources