Mercury filling removal

tandrsc

I'm planning to have my mercury fillings replaced.
I saw this abstract recently
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25617876
and decided, that even if it made no difference, I would at least be ticking it off the list. My dentist is well aware of the anecdotal evidence and is all for it.
When I think about it, I've been having issues pretty much since I've had fillings.
I guess that if you're on this forum, having your mercuryt fillings replaced hasn't cured you, but I'd be interested to hear if it has helped anyone at all.

Who Me?

I had mine removed in 2007 and it didn't make any difference at all in how I felt.

I hope you are planning on chelating during and after with stuff that binds to mercury. I was taking mega doses of cholorella while I was going through it, I had some IV C. I ultimatley had DMPS which helped with my MCS and equlibrium but not much else.

tandrsc

I have my mercury binders/removers lined up ready to go...
Slow release Vitamin C
Chlorella
Selenium (by eating Bazil nuts)
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Coriander

JennyJenny

I had mine removed also. No difference. I also went through a serious cleanse afterwards. I don't think very much really helps us but they do look nicer. I don't fault anyone for trying things that definitely can't hurt.

Who Me?

I know someone who got it done years before me and she had horrible problems with her teeth after.

It may have been what he used to fill them. She never knew but she often said she was sorry she did it. So nothing we do is ever without some risk.

Ellen

I've researched and thought about removing the fillings for last 20 years. You have a 50/50 shot it will help. Lots of literature online (top resources) in additon to NIH for removal. - Minx correct as to filling substance - . Method and removal of mercury is only part of the challenge for us. It's what filled back in. My Dentist and I discussed over years to do one quad at a time wait 6 months for possible reaction. Anytime I have a crown (not often) - I leave tempory crown on for 6 months to see if any reaction or infection is brewing a month later.

Good Luck and keep us posted!!!

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I had my fillings removed in the 1990's. With no mask or anything I'm sure I got the full Monty on mercury fumes. All I remember, though, is that my mouth hurt for weeks. But then sometime around that time I started responding well to treatments for the first time. I wasn't able to maintain my energy levels - they would devolve into an anxious, fluey state - but I'd never had ANY reaction to treatments prior to that.

About five years later or so my arms and legs began falling asleep frequently. It turned out it was due to all the fish (and mercury) I was eating. As soon as I stopped that - that problem went away.

Then about ten years later as I was having a crown put on the dentist removed the last bits of mercury from under a old filling. As he did I felt a wave of relaxation spread across my body!

I don't how important mercury is to my system but I know something is going on there. All in all I think it's best to get it out of your system..

Who Me?

@Cort. You're lucky. I had a mouthful of mercury going way back to when I was a kid and it really did nothing to help me that was noticeable. But you gotta try anything.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
You never know - you really never know until you try. Mercury does really help every once in awhile.

JennyJenny

What do they use for root canals? Not the filling part but the rods they put in especially when they do not remove the tooth itself. I think I remember the thin rods they put in as being flexible.

tandrsc

I went to the dentist today and that's the top right done, only 3 sessions left to go.
I feel better already (just kidding).
I was beginning to think I must be mad, after all, who would voluntarily go to the dentist! But now I'm glad I did.
I have a very good dentist. I know that going to the dentists can never be described as pleasant, but he makes it as pleasant as it can be.

San Diego

I went to the dentist today and that's the top right done, only 3 sessions left to go.
I feel better already (just kidding).
I was beginning to think I must be mad, after all, who would voluntarily go to the dentist! But now I'm glad I did.
I have a very good dentist. I know that going to the dentists can never be described as pleasant, but he makes it as pleasant as it can be.
This is something I need to address. Uggh.

When you say you had the top right "done", what do you mean? Did your dentist, in one visit, remove all mercury and replace it? I'm just trying to get an idea of what this entails. Thanks.

tandrsc

When you say you had the top right "done", what do you mean? Did your dentist, in one visit, remove all mercury and replace it? I'm just trying to get an idea of what this entails. Thanks.

I have 6 fillings: 1 top left, 1 top right, 2 bottom left and 2 bottom right.

The dentists is going to do them in 4 sessions: top right, top left, bottom right, bottom left. In this way, it swaps sides so that each side of the mouth gets a bit of a rest. In each session he removes all the mercury from that part of the mouth and replaces the fillings with white resin ones.

I don't have any decay to worry about so I can dictate my own schedule. I'm having a gap of a month between each session. The last appointment was 45 minutes.

I live in the UK and the NHS won't pay for mercury filling replacement, but I am fortunate enough to have some savings. Although I need my savings to live on, this is a one-off cost I feel is worth doing. I'd like to tick it off the list.

San Diego

Thanks, @tandrsc . I have several crowns (no dental care as a kid) so mine will be more complex, I'm afraid. I hope it goes well for you!

Anyone have crowns replaced while getting rid of mercury?

Ellen

I have 6 fillings: 1 top left, 1 top right, 2 bottom left and 2 bottom right.

The dentists is going to do them in 4 sessions: top right, top left, bottom right, bottom left. In this way, it swaps sides so that each side of the mouth gets a bit of a rest. In each session he removes all the mercury from that part of the mouth and replaces the fillings with white resin ones.

I don't have any decay to worry about so I can dictate my own schedule. I'm having a gap of a month between each session. The last appointment was 45 minutes.

I live in the UK and the NHS won't pay for mercury filling replacement, but I am fortunate enough to have some savings. Although I need my savings to live on, this is a one-off cost I feel is worth doing. I'd like to tick it off the list.

Hi. So glad removal of the Mercury has gone well. I hope the rest will too!

I want to get this done Over the next year-mine includes additional work so is more involved but has to get done and the Mercury while intact for years, I've known has been a no-no!! Keep us posted and good luck. Thanks!

tandrsc

Well the filling in the top left of my mouth is now gone (two days ago) - whoop!

The first one was a little tender for a couple of weeks; but I've since worked out that I should not try to chew on it at all for the first couple of days, so this one is feeling much better.

I'm feeling oddly optimistic about the whole thing.

Just the bottom fillings to go now - I'm half way through.

tandrsc

Well all the mercury is out now.

I can't say it was a pleasant experience, but I have no regrets.

It's too early to say if it makes any difference, but I have noticed one thing - I don't seem to be struggling with a zinc deficiency anymore (white spots on nails). After a bit of searching, it would seem that mercury latches onto the same enzymes/receptors as zinc so that zinc doesn't get a look in.

The things I've been taking to help clear the mercury are:

Alpha Lipoic Acid
Vitamin C
Chlorella
Coriander leaf
Brazil nuts (for the selenium)
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC)

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT