Might this be the year?!

Tina

If I had one wish for Christmas.....
Dr. Davis and his team are looking for root causes and mechanisms and truly the bottom-line answers at the molecular and cellular level. We are creating new tools and approaches to research and fast-tracking treatment options for patients.

We are excited to announce that in 2017 we will begin studying treatment options. Working with our Scientific Advisory Board and collaborators, we are exploring which options will have the greatest potential for success and will launch these studies as quickly as possible.
http://www.openmedicinefoundation.org/2016/12/22/a-special-holiday-message-from-dr-ron-davis/

Seanko

@Tina 2016 brought has many interesting discoveries including the most recent metabolic study from Fluge & Mella.
Ron Davis & his team at the OMF helped fund the groundbreaking Robert Naviaux study.

We have many reasons to be hopeful. :)

Gijs

I don't see any groundbreaking studies at this time. Some are interesting but not more then that. It is going to take at least a decade for a real breakthrought, i quess. Maybe even longer!

JennyJenny

I think the conspiracy and coverup of a disease will continue. Insurance companies are calling the shots and disability from private insurers and governments get to pay nothing or less to those with mental health issues. Neither private insurers or governments will pay for us as long as they can get it shelved as a mental illness. Cheap drugs will be used instead of drugs that can actually treat us and no real research is necessary so governments don't have to spend the money.

No, it is not going to change for another 10-20 years.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Thanks Tina!

My prediction is that this is going to be the most exciting year yet for ME/CFS.

We will get NIH research centers and the work on metabolomics is going to continue to pour in...We might even find the autoantibodies that are whacking the energy production process...(THAT would be exciting).

I also predict its going to be more complex and take longer than we think. The body always seems to throw curves....and the trajectory is upwards for us. ;););)

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I think the conspiracy and coverup of a disease will continue. Insurance companies are calling the shots and disability from private insurers and governments get to pay nothing or less to those with mental health issues. Neither private insurers or governments will pay for us as long as they can get it shelved as a mental illness. Cheap drugs will be used instead of drugs that can actually treat us and no real research is necessary so governments don't have to spend the money.

No, it is not going to change for another 10-20 years.
It's going to take quite a while for that part of the equation to change.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources