Mike Dessin's Amazing Recovery Story

Mike Dessin's Amazing Recovery Story 2015-11-18

Merida

Michael,
I am a late responder to your story, but want to tell how much I appreciate your sharing of this unimagineable experience. I certainly can relate . I came very close to death - partly because of the extremely cruel treatment by my HMO. Of course I was immediately referred to psychiatry, despite the fact that an outside orthopedic doc said I needed an immediate cervical MRI, as he thought I had spinal cord injury - following a chiropractic adjustment of my neck. The psychiatrist's idea was that my husband should take me a distance from home in the car and drop me off to walk home - when I couldn't even walk to the bathroom.

Interestingly, the injury occurred 2 months after I had to euthanize my dog - to whom I was very bonded. A part of me 'wanted' to go with her, I think.

I believe that we ME/ CFS/ FM people are special in many ways - very sensitive, very emotional, intuitive, kind, helpful. We tend to try to do everything perfectly, and have the intellect to pretty much accomplish that - at least for a while.

I am wondering if you think your Mom's death figured into all of this? I am so sorry that you lost her at such a young age. My son is about your age, and a lot like you, I think. He was 17 when all of this happened to me. He became very sensitive to sounds, and starting throwing up meals. He has a history of Lab -documented Epstein Barr at age 5 in 1986 - 104 fever for a week, followed by multiple neuro symptoms lasting many years.

I have tried to understand these connections for years. I am remembering a comment by Dr. Galpin on Ancient Aliens ( dr. Galpin is double board certified - internal med. and infectious disease - one of the first people here in L.A. To treat AIDS patients - brilliant doc) He was talking about the introduction of alien viruses and mentioned that viruses may even be able to change emotions and how we think about things.The Dr. Ian Lipkin was also interviewed on that program. Their comments have given me pause - and thinking in new directions.

I am grateful you are well. May all that is Good, and Strong, and Beautiful bless you and keep you well .

Last edited:

JollyRoger

I can't see the results of the virus and rnase tests but his story implies that viruses are not the reason.
What was your rnase l count?
For me that's really interesting: if the environment is ok the bugs won't make a damage.

Merida

I can't see the results of the virus and rnase tests but his story implies that viruses are not the reason.
What was your rnase l count?
For me that's really interesting: if the environment is ok the bugs won't make a damage.

I am seeing a whole part 'chronic Fatigue Syndrome' just in the last month. After many years I had the detailed Lyme panel by Lab Corp ( standard lab) last month, which came up positive according to CDC criteria. I had had a tick bite in Virginia in 2010, but the first tests were done too soon and were negative.

Additionally, ( through Quest Labs) IgG / IgM evaluations suggest chronic active Chlamydophilia pneumoniae, EBV, and Mycoplasma.
I am waiting PCR results for the Lyme. But, bottom line,my immune system must be unable to clear these - for some reason. Did the initial injury affect my immune system? Is one of these organisms or another immunosuppressive ?

For almost 20 years I thought CFS was mainly about structure and function of the CNS. But now, I really don't know what to think.You might want to listen patient interviews and comments by Dr. Ron Sponaugle in Florida.

I have not had the rnase test. I plan to treat these organisms and see what happens. Currently, I am mostly couch ridden, too exhausted to go shopping or shower often. No motivation. Severe heat intolerance, no sleep etc etc.

Edie

Michael Dessin did not mention which homeopathic pleo remedies he took. I can't find it.

Michael Dessin did not mention which homeopathic pleo remedies he took. I can't find it.
When I first read Mike's story, I did ask him what was in the IVs he got that started him on his road to recovery and he replied Amino Acids. I'm on an Amino Acid prescription every day because I cannot digest or synthesize protein. I was only diagnosed with FM, but I fit the profile for ME/CFS as well. I was not as sick as Mike because I was fortunate in finding a Naturopath Doctor early in my illness, that had been treating ME/CFS/FM for years. I received many treatments from this ND that were helpful, the best was Amino Acid therapy that pretty well gave me my life back. The lab that tested my Amino Acid status was Drs Data in the US.
I googled PLEO formulas and I clicked on www.appletreevitamins.com. They sell an assortment of Pleo formulas, but I'm not sure which one Mike was on.
Hope we hear from Mike again, as many of us want to know how he's doing at the moment.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources