'NAD: The Biological Rocket Fuel that Gives You Energy'

Remy

Administrator
My doctor put 150mg of NAD+ in my IV nutrients bag, with B vitamins, carnitine, minerals, and glutathione.

I felt like a normal human being for 36 hours. The effect was repeatable, and the only thing thst changed in the protocol. As for the expense, labor, materials, and ingredients all add up.

I've standardized on a protocol of once a week IVs, with 150mg. LIAS Research NAD+ which has helped me be more active. The NAD+ seems to last longer in my system making energy than the NADH product.

There are 4 pathways to make NAD+. Nicotinamide riboside is one of them, and it just doesn't work for me, even in high doses. Elysium Basis is a nicotinamide riboside product and NOT NAD. The LIAS Research product should be. It is the only oral NAD+ product on the US market. All others I've seen are NR or niacin with a fancy name.

I'm only a patient, but I disagree with the scientists quoted above about NAD+ getting through membranes. What I think is going on is that the NAD+ is getting into the cells and through the outer mitochondrial membrane, picking up the H along the way, and then the H travels as an NADH molecule and then is pushed through the inner mitochondrial membrane to go make ATP.

I don't doubt NR product helps people - I've seen the studies, but it is not unreasonable to think that some of us have pathways that are somehow blocked so we can't use them.

There are a number of positive studies on NAD+ as well, which validate that it is helpgul to patients.​
Tell me more please!

Do they sell an IV product somewhere on their site? Which of the lozenges do you use? What strength? Do you just order from them directly?

Learner

Tell me more please!

Do they sell an IV product somewhere on their site? Which of the lozenges do you use? What strength? Do you just order from them directly?
The IV version is coming from a compounding pharmacy my doctor orders from. Not sure exactly where, but I know it also can be in a sticky nasal spray, too. The dosage of NAD+ in my IV runs about $100, including supplies and labor.

I order the sublingual liozenges directly off of the LIAS website. Apparently, the CEO is a Lymie and her husband has had a career as a pharmaceutical chemist, so he formulated it for her originally, then they started this little company to sell it.

The lozenges contain a little mannitol and a pink food coloring. (They wanted to color code different strengths for patients with cognitive issues.) I’m extremely sensitive to gluten, milk, and corn and have not had any reaction, only benefit. I started at 25mg, which didn’t do much, but I have sluggish mitochondria, so I take the, 1-2 at a time throughout the day, for a total of 6.

Remy

Administrator
The IV version is coming from a compounding pharmacy my doctor orders from. Not sure exactly where, but I know it also can be in a sticky nasal spray, too. The dosage of NAD+ in my IV runs about $100, including supplies and labor.

I order the sublingual liozenges directly off of the LIAS website. Apparently, the CEO is a Lymie and her husband has had a career as a pharmaceutical chemist, so he formulated it for her originally, then they started this little company to sell it.

The lozenges contain a little mannitol and a pink food coloring. (They wanted to color code different strengths for patients with cognitive issues.) I’m extremely sensitive to gluten, milk, and corn and have not had any reaction, only benefit. I started at 25mg, which didn’t do much, but I have sluggish mitochondria, so I take the, 1-2 at a time throughout the day, for a total of 6.
I am going to try the lozenges.

What compounding pharmacy do you use? I’m going to look into this as well.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources