Need help figuring out my case. How many people have mono-ish bumps in their throat?

ono_desu

Hello everyone,

I know that the primary symptom of most people here is fatigue, I just wanted to compare my case,

I got an insane case of mono(first time in my life) in January cuz my horrible diet and over working myself and have never been the same since. I have these bumps in my throat as well as tinnitus in my left ear. I had swelling in almost half my sinuses.

My biggest problem is a feeling of being sick/ inflammation in my face more so than fatigue although I am less energetic because of it. I started taking inosine and it has helped a teency bit but not too much. I'm going to try valtrex soon.

SO... I just wanted to get an idea for how many people have throat bumps and/or tinnitus. Maybe what I have is more chronic EBV than true "CFS"?

Thanks so much, I wish you all the best

ono_desu

Also on a side note, what's the best way to see if you have a coinfection with CMV? Sometimes antibody tests are not conclusive for chronic infections to my knowledge. Thanks again!!!

cujet

EBV outcome has little to do with your health and a lot to do with the variant of the EBV you acquired along with the wide list of differing gene expressions.

There is nothing you can or could have done to improve the situation. The various studies I've read note that while EBV antibodies can be reduced by antivirals, symptoms are not reduced because the damage has been done.

ono_desu

EBV outcome has little to do with your health and a lot to do with the variant of the EBV you acquired along with the wide list of differing gene expressions.

There is nothing you can or could have done to improve the situation. The various studies I've read note that while EBV antibodies can be reduced by antivirals, symptoms are not reduced because the damage has been done.
Well considering I used to be completely bed ridden and can do light exercise now. The severity of the flu symptoms and inflammation in my face has improved somewhat, I just wanted to compare physical symptoms. I know you wrote this response with good intentions, but it kind of sounds like you're saying there is no hope for any remission when I see enough people get remissions to give me hope via Dr. Lerner and Dr. Pridgen.

Thanks for the honesty but honesly I've went from 20% to 50%, and before my sinus surgery I was 65%. The surgery sent me back a bit but I think I'm in the subset of people who just need help containing the viral replication as opposed to have a hard set immune condition. Again just trying to compare symptoms I know there are a lot of variations hence why I made this post. Thanks again and I wish you the best.

cujet

I know you wrote this response with good intentions, but it kind of sounds like you're saying there is no hope for any remission when I see enough people get remissions to give me hope

Thanks for the honesty but honesly I've went from 20% to 50%,

It's very likely that EBV will be handled by the immune system. Taking good care of your health can improve your results. I'd say there is near 100% chance of remission from EBV, via the immune system.

However, you had mentioned trying Valtrex. As I understand it, testing shows that antivirals don't improve symptoms. If you get relief from Valtrex, please let us know.

Are you sure your current symptoms are from active EBV? As EBV can and does trigger other illnesses. In my case, it caused Hashimoto's.

ono_desu

It's very likely that EBV will be handled by the immune system. Taking good care of your health can improve your results. I'd say there is near 100% chance of remission from EBV, via the immune system.

However, you had mentioned trying Valtrex. As I understand it, testing shows that antivirals don't improve symptoms. If you get relief from Valtrex, please let us know.

Are you sure your current symptoms are from active EBV? As EBV can and does trigger other illnesses. In my case, it caused Hashimoto's.
Thats the thing, I'm not sure if it was a ebv/cmv coinfection or just ebv as this is the first time I've had a major viral infection. My chronic ebv test showed elevated igg antibodies but I'm yet to see the cmv test results.

Have you tried inosine or other immune modulators?

I'm going to do a test for cmv in a week or so and I really hope its not there because apparently people with coinfections don't respond to valtrex alone and probably need something like valcyte.

All I know is that my biggest symptom is a dull inflamed burning in my between my eyes like a never ending flu. The optimist in me wants to believe that is a good sign ? It definitely feels like an active infection so I think anti-virals should do SOMETHING. But will valtrex be the one, only time will tell. I will definitely update once I start. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Wish you the best.

Tammy7

That has not been the case for me. My symptoms have improved from chronic EBV with using natural anti-virals along with other supplements.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources