Neurologic Relief Centers Technique - Anyone have experience with it?

Brian Szarek

Hi everyone - new to the forums, glad to be here (although not glad to have this disease). lol.

Anyway, I started going to a new chiropractor who apparently is certified in this "NRC" technique. I've been through a couple of sessions, and it's fine, and obviously too early to tell if it's doing anything. However, yesterday I dug around a bit more on the web and found out that the creator of this technique was accused by the California Board of Chiropractors for " incompetence, gross negligence, and unprofessional conduct, based on his management of seven patients." In this case, apparently he had people getting adjusted multiple times per day for months at a time costing people a ton of money. I will not be going more than 3x per week simply from a cost perspective. Has anyone had any success with this technique?

Also, he wants to put me on a host of supplements, such as "pathogen purge/GI wellness" and GCEL, eNRG, MoRS, VISTA1, VISTA2, ROX, and EPIC (from Standard Process brands). Has anyone taken any of these, and what are your thoughts on efficacy before i go dropping a ton of cash on stuff that won't work.

Thanks everyone!

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Hi everyone - new to the forums, glad to be here (although not glad to have this disease). lol.

Anyway, I started going to a new chiropractor who apparently is certified in this "NRC" technique. I've been through a couple of sessions, and it's fine, and obviously too early to tell if it's doing anything. However, yesterday I dug around a bit more on the web and found out that the creator of this technique was accused by the California Board of Chiropractors for " incompetence, gross negligence, and unprofessional conduct, based on his management of seven patients." In this case, apparently he had people getting adjusted multiple times per day for months at a time costing people a ton of money. I will not be going more than 3x per week simply from a cost perspective. Has anyone had any success with this technique?

Also, he wants to put me on a host of supplements, such as "pathogen purge/GI wellness" and GCEL, eNRG, MoRS, VISTA1, VISTA2, ROX, and EPIC (from Standard Process brands). Has anyone taken any of these, and what are your thoughts on efficacy before i go dropping a ton of cash on stuff that won't work.

Thanks everyone!
Hi Brian. I had never heard of NRC before. I looked it up.

I think it could be promising for some people. From Chiari malformation to other issues cervical problems definitely play a role in some patients. I imagine it's not a huge group but I don't know. The head and the neck are major centers of pain in FM and ME/CFS. I know I have some issues there - I did some neck stretching several years ago that resulted in a major symptom flare - all from moving my neck about. It was bizarre.

I look forward to hearing how it works for you.

Some of those chiropracters really wrack up the money. That guy may be morally bankrupt with regards to money but it doesn't mean the technique doesn't work.

Is it much different, though, from normal chiropractic adjustment?
Neurologic Relief Centers Technique™
The Neurologic Relief Centers Technique™ for Fibromyalgia Pain and Other Chronic Conditions is practiced exclusively by Dr. Craig Hollowell, in Alabama.

ch1.png
The Neurologic Relief Centers have developed a simple relief test that determines whether our complete treatment procedure will be effective for the patient who is suffering with severe chronic pain, fatigue, numbness, tingling, migraines, burning, but also symptoms associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, TMJ, Fibromyalgia, Autism, High Blood Pressure, Insomnia, Failed Surgeries, RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy), Trigeminal Neuralgia, Vertigo, Parkinson’s and etc.

The relief that comes from the testing is usually profound and lasts from minutes to days. The test is not only diagnostic but also prognostic. Those whose symptoms are relieved by the test will almost always respond to treatment.

The Neurologic Relief Centers do not claim to treat fibromyalgia pain and other neurological symptoms. We are moving on the premise that it is a condition of the cervical spine causing an uncontrolled firing of the nervous system.

The aim of this technique is simply to reduce the CSF pressure and/or meningeal compression that causes the symptoms of neurologic disorders.

The uncontrolled firing of the nervous system does not always come about from the same misalignment in every person. This results in different manifestations in different individuals, who understandably must be treated accordingly.

Dr. Hollowell’s procedure involves relieving the meningeal compression. It is a series of techniques that are applied at the appropriate times. Some of these are modifications of standard techniques and some we have developed.

Our objective is to free up the neurological structures that are being encroached upon, thus allowing the brain and spinal cord to return to normal function. In most cases, there is little or no pain associated with this procedure. Where there has been severe trauma and many years in which to develop arthritis in the neck, the treatments may take days or weeks to bring long term relief.

The length of treatment for most people is generally three times a week over a period of eight to ten weeks (eight weeks usually works the best and is the standard for most patients), the treatment schedule often needs personal customization to meet individual conditions.

This is simply because it is in the nature of fibromyalgia and its causative mechanisms for the vertebrae to quickly return to the abnormal state where it has been for so long. And so it becomes of the utmost importance to hold the correction completely in place while the affected ligaments adjust and the body attempts to maintain this new position.

We have found that the longer the condition is present and the more severe the condition, the more intense the treatment needs to be.

S.A.

Hey guys, I was searching for info on meningeal decompression and came across this old thread.

Brian, did you continue with the treatment and, if so, how effective was it? What are your thoughts?

Does anyone else out there have experience with this? I like the idea behind the technique, but also have concerns about its cost-benefit, i.e., whether it's worth the price or a load of poppycock.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources