Neuropsychology

Greetings:

Due to cognitive impairment I've been scheduled for all day nueropsychological testing.

I look forward to the testing and the findings. Has anyone in the group here been through nueropsychological testing?

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Greetings:

Due to cognitive impairment I've been scheduled for all day nueropsychological testing.

I look forward to the testing and the findings. Has anyone in the group here been through nueropsychological testing?
I have! I was referred to Taras Olnaschenko I think it was by Dr. Cheney. It's important that the neuropsychologist know which tests to take. The tests that define cognitive problems in ME/CFS are not apparently the most common one.

We really could use a list of good neuropsychs. Please let us know how it goes.

Can I ask the reason for the neuropysch eval? Was it for disability or to get a baseline or just to find out where you're at?

Hello Cort:

Thank you for your reply.

I gained approval from my health insurance provider based on signs & symptoms of increased or progressive cognitive impairment. Deficits include: Executive function, memory, etc.

Hoping any dx will determine cause; help me further advocate for my health care; findings further support my SSDI application.

I'll be seeing Barbara Schrock, PhD, ABPP. http://www.barbarajschrock.com/

Take care, Glen

San Diego

I have! I was referred to Taras Olnaschenko I think it was by Dr. Cheney. It's important that the neuropsychologist know which tests to take. The tests that define cognitive problems in ME/CFS are not apparently the most common one.

We really could use a list of good neuropsychs. Please let us know how it goes.

Can I ask the reason for the neuropysch eval? Was it for disability or to get a baseline or just to find out where you're at?
Cort, do you happen to know which tests are recommended for us? I’ve been needing to get this done, (disability and more) but am too fearful of seeing an uninformed psych and getting a report of “patient refused to cooperate” and crap like that!

johnnn10

Sometimes it started pain in the mind. because of the external atmosphere or internal problem.so for that yoga is a right way to solve this problem. it is easy too.
-----------
{ indian yoga}

zoie hawkins

Glen have you had your neuropsych test?? If so how did it go? I have had 3 and getting ready for the fourth test. I have been ill since 1993.

ScottTriGuy

I had one done about 2 weeks ago by a PhD researcher - I don't get the official results until her supervisor returns - I had volunteered for one of their studies in 2001 so they will have that to compare - this test was also part of a study so I had to sign consent forms, but it was free.

I wasn't feeling too bad that day - though only had about 5 hours sleep and had vaporized medical marijuana in the morning for mild nausea - I told her before we started that I was pretty sure the results would be different if I had of being feeling worse as my experience with brain fog is totally correlated with symptom intensity - so in weird a way, I kind of felt like I was wasting our time.

It took a couple of hours so was taxing mentally just from an endurance viewpoint - during a couple of the tests she said that I had 'reached the ceiling', meaning that my memory was very good - I'll be interested to see the results in a few weeks, but not really anticipating any significant changes form 2001 just based on how I was feeling that day.

If there are specific cognitive tests for m.e. I'd like to ask if they were administered.

Zoie:

Thank you for asking. Test results don't indicate organic. i.e.: Alzheimer's. I've chosen to see two other clinicians to help my wife and I interpret the neuropsychological assessment.

Take care, Glen

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources