Once Again, Lancet Stumbles on PACE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tina, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Tina

Tina Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  2. Tina

Tina Well-Known Member

But, I also found this interesting link on the Lancet webpage itself.
    Doubts over the validity of the PACE hypothesis

Here is the final paragraph:
    The PACE trial is to our knowledge the largest investigation of CBT and GET for chronic fatigue syndrome to date. The deconditioning hypothesis was not supported, and the fear-avoidance hypothesis was not supported by the trial's objective outcomes. These factors, along with the disappointing self-report clinical response rates for CBT and GET in an open-label trial, cast substantial doubt over the validity of the fear-avoidance and deconditioning hypothesis for chronic fatigue syndrome.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(15)00054-1/fulltext

3. Cort

Cort Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising Staff Member

Holy cow. They actually went to the authors of the PACE to determine if the letter - which Lancet solicited - should be published. They are so in bed with the PACE trial authors that its ridiculous.

My prediction - before all is said and done - Lancet's prestige - very dear to them obviously - is going to take big hit. - it's going to be the object of scorn throughout the medical publishing world and RIchard Horton is going to lose his job.

Hello! and IrisRV like this.
  4. Cort

From Virology Today's post

These guys are going to go down at some point. Note that Horton didn't handle the reply this time. They probably didn't let him (lol)

5. Tina

Tina Well-Known Member

SORRY, I SEE THAT THIS ARTICLE IS REALLY OLD. IT IS FROM 2015.

6. Tina

Tina Well-Known Member

We can only hope! I just want the truth to come out.

Merry likes this.
  7. Cort

Still glad and surprised as well to see it in Lancet :)