Once Again, Lancet Stumbles on PACE

Tina

But, I also found this interesting link on the Lancet webpage itself.
Doubts over the validity of the PACE hypothesis

Here is the final paragraph:
The PACE trial is to our knowledge the largest investigation of CBT and GET for chronic fatigue syndrome to date. The deconditioning hypothesis was not supported, and the fear-avoidance hypothesis was not supported by the trial's objective outcomes. These factors, along with the disappointing self-report clinical response rates for CBT and GET in an open-label trial, cast substantial doubt over the validity of the fear-avoidance and deconditioning hypothesis for chronic fatigue syndrome.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(15)00054-1/fulltext

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Holy cow. They actually went to the authors of the PACE to determine if the letter - which Lancet solicited - should be published. They are so in bed with the PACE trial authors that its ridiculous.

My prediction - before all is said and done - Lancet's prestige - very dear to them obviously - is going to take big hit. - it's going to be the object of scorn throughout the medical publishing world and RIchard Horton is going to lose his job.

Came across this article yesterday. It appears to have just come out on August 29th. It really is quiet amazing.
Once Again, Lancet Stumbles on PACE

http://linkis.com/www.virology.ws/2016/OHKSg

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
From Virology Today's post

The reasons given for the rejection are clearly specious. The letter for publication reflected the matters addressed in the open letter that prompted Dr. Horton’s invitation in the first place, and closely adhered to his directive to outline our “serious allegations”. If outlining these allegations was not considered publication-worthy by The Lancet, it is incomprehensible to us why Dr. Horton solicited the letter in the first place. Perhaps it was just an effort to hold off further criticism for a period of months while we awaited publication of the letter, unaware of the journal’s intention to reject it. It is certainly surprising that The Lancet appears to have given the PACE authors some power to determine what letters appear in the journal itself.

These guys are going to go down at some point. Note that Horton didn't handle the reply this time. They probably didn't let him (lol)

Tina

But, I also found this interesting link on the Lancet webpage itself.
Doubts over the validity of the PACE hypothesis

Here is the final paragraph:
The PACE trial is to our knowledge the largest investigation of CBT and GET for chronic fatigue syndrome to date. The deconditioning hypothesis was not supported, and the fear-avoidance hypothesis was not supported by the trial's objective outcomes. These factors, along with the disappointing self-report clinical response rates for CBT and GET in an open-label trial, cast substantial doubt over the validity of the fear-avoidance and deconditioning hypothesis for chronic fatigue syndrome.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(15)00054-1/fulltext
SORRY, I SEE THAT THIS ARTICLE IS REALLY OLD. IT IS FROM 2015.

Tina

From Virology Today's post

These guys are going to go down at some point. Note that Horton didn't handle the reply this time. They probably didn't let him (lol)
Holy cow. They actually went to the authors of the PACE to determine if the letter - which Lancet solicited - should be published. They are so in bed with the PACE trial authors that its ridiculous.

My prediction - before all is said and done - Lancet's prestige - very dear to them obviously - is going to take big hit. - it's going to be the object of scorn throughout the medical publishing world and RIchard Horton is going to lose his job.
We can only hope! I just want the truth to come out.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources