Our Mitochondria need Greens and Light

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
One of my favorite prior supplements was alfalfa and barley green tablets. I used to munch on them throughout the day. They always gave me a little boost! I need to look them up again...I hope that they're not horrendously expensive now. They used to be quite affordable.

I think getting out in the sun is really a good idea..

Tammy7

The 2 supergreens I take is Nutrex Hawaain Spirulina and Vimergy Barley grass juice powder extract. I don't use the Barley grass juice powder extract every day because it is not cheap............but is a green superhouse for sure. The bottle of Spirulina has lasted me 9 months. Spinach every other day. Greens, Greens, Greens...........does a body good! The mineral salts that come from greens are critical.

KME

Love this. I thought I must be a reptile, as I definitely benefit energy-wise from basking in morning sunshine (lying flat in quiet garden). And used to joke that surely I must photosynthesize given how many greens/veg I eat. Good to know it's worth keeping these up...

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
The 2 supergreens I take is Nutrex Hawaain Spirulina and Vimergy Barley grass juice powder extract. I don't use the Barley grass juice powder extract every day because it is not cheap............but is a green superhouse for sure. The bottle of Spirulina has lasted me 9 months. Spinach every other day. Greens, Greens, Greens...........does a body good! The mineral salts that come from greens are critical.
I think they do. Thanks for the tip....

ShyestofFlies

I take liquid chlorophyll. Less than the daily recomended dose because I can't stand the taste, I just add a small splash to my water or tea.

Remy

Administrator
Sayer Ji on Underground Wellness...

Audio here:

http://undergroundwellness.com/tag/sayer-ji/

Guest: Sayer Ji
It’s what we were told…
Plants get their energy from sunlight. And humans get theirs from food.
There was no overlap.
The abundant energy from the sun was thought to be pretty much useless for us mammals. Plants got it all to themselves. And we got to eat the plants, of course.
But is it really that simple?
Well, according to research out of Columbia University Medical Center, there is a considerable possibility that animals (including humans) may be “solar powered”.
In other words, when we consume green vegetables, the chlorophyll metabolites appear to enter the mitochondria, where they work together with sunlight to supercharge energy production in our cells.
Maybe THAT explains the energy boost we get from juicing, drinking more green smoothies, and pumping up our green veggie consumption.
It’s definitely possible. And the science is beginning to back it up!
On today’s episode of Underground Wellness Radio, Sayer Ji — Depression Sessions presenter and founder of GreenMedInfo — reveals a new paradigm in human energy production that will make you think twice about skipping your veggies.
Fascinating stuff, for sure.
Click the PLAY button at the top of the post to listen to the entire interview!

Here are the links we mention in the episode:
Amazing Discovery: Plant Blood Enables Your Cells To Capture Sunlight Energy
Groundbreaking Discovery: Animal Cells Powered by Sunlight/Chlorophyll
Does Skin Pigment Act Like a Natural Solar Panel?

etherspin

anecdote time. I've done lots of juicing and incorporation of brightly coloured plants into my diet in trying to ward off CFS weight gain and get any other benefits. been doing this for 6 years or so but two summers ago I had really good results warding off muscle pain, I have to climb up onto my raised garden bed to pick things and then squat to collect spring onions,kale , tomatoes etc but one particular summer I had truckloads of my own dark green kale and would harvest it each day for juicing getting between 5 - 20 minutes really direct sun exposure each time. I was having kale with apple and ginger in fresh juice and the expected pain from the climbing and squatting wasnt there as long as I included the kale, i'd juiced plenty of kale before, just not always my own, Id usually have store bought bunches and I've never replicated it in cooler months (- weak sun exposure) with more store bought greens but this maes me wonder if the combo was home kale because it made for mandatory sun exposure around the time of the juicing. I would also have breakfast juice before going outside and that would be leftover kale from the picking the day before.

I know what I'm going to try again come summer

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources