Patient Partnership Plan form at docs office

Who Me?

My pcp, who is a block away, is closing his office next year. I'm looking for a new doc now. My doc is cool in that he knows I'm sick, is not threatened by my NP and gets my sleep issues. Once I explained about needing sleep initiators and sleep sustainers he totally got it and gives me what I need. I get refills twice a year so he knows I'm not abusing the stuff.

He does not treat my ME and I am not looking for someone who does. I want a doc for regular stuff.

I've looked at 2 docs now and they both have a patient partnership form they want me to sign. The forms are exactly the same and say I will do what the doc says for treatment and labs, if I don't I'll explain why, and I will be told why not doing something will compromise my health.

I get that but then I want a doctor partnership form so he gets that I can't be running back and forth every week, they can call me about labs results and what they want me to do, and some things have to sacrificed.

Anyone have to sign one of these?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    219.7 KB · Views: 378

Who Me?

I think I'd not choose either of those doctors than sign a bs form like that.

Mammograms and vaccines, no thank you!

So many docs have such horrible reviews i guess it depends on how much crap i want to put up with with ad office staff.

Hello!

It really just seems like an agreement that permits the doctor to document that they are doing the best they can to advise you and follow up with you. By signing you are agreeing to let the doctor know if you will not be following his or her advice. This lets them off the hook in the even that you do not follow through, have negative health consequences and decide to sue them. I would be fine with signing it. I would discuss what I want from him or her during the initial meeting and ask if he or she is willing to take that on. If the answer is not to your liking, don't go back. Find another one.

Who Me?

I don't have the energy to go to a bunch of docs and screen them or start with one and have them fire me for non compliance. There is no way I can go in every 3 months so they can say good girl.

I know what the agreement is for. It sounds like they're used to patients who are idiots and need to be baby sat. And who don't have ME.

Who Me?

I see him next week. When I was told he was leaving she (office manager) did not tell me anyone they recommend.

I can't believe he would close his office and just leave his patients on their own to find someone.

ShyestofFlies

I see him next week. When I was told he was leaving she (office manager) did not tell me anyone they recommend.

I can't believe he would close his office and just leave his patients on their own to find someone.
That seems like really short notice, when my dad's doctor left his practice he told people at their last appointment... But then he ended up staying an additional six months or so.

You'd think there would be some protocol for recomending people new doctors and warning them in proper advance....

Who Me?

You misread. In my first post I said he's not leaving til next year. That's plenty of time. I just have an appointment next week.

But imo he should have recommendations for who his patients should transfer to.

IrisRV

The forms are exactly the same and say I will do what the doc says for treatment and labs, if I don't I'll explain why, and I will be told why not doing something will compromise my health.
Partnership, my :mooning:! That's not a partnership form, that's a "Yes, the doctor is my boss" form. No partnership involved. Why should I have to explain to my doc why I didn't choose to follow his/her treatment plan? I shouldn't have to justify my decisions to my doc.

I find this form particularly disturbing as an ME patient. We all know how utterly misinformed PCP's are about the illness. Your PCP could be constantly insisting you do things you know are inappropriate -- psych treatment, ADs when you don't have MDD, exercise stress tests, exercise... and on and on. Not only have you now obliged yourself to explain your refusals to a misinformed and disbelieving doctor, said doctor will be building a big file with your own words and agreement about what a very noncompliant patient you are. That will stay in your medical record forever, allowing future doctors to mistreat, or refuse to treat you based on your history of noncompliance.

As I see it, this form only benefits the doctor and is of no benefit and could be harmful to the patient. Demanding you sign this form or not get medical care is nothing short of a threat. The doctor doesn't have the right to control you to protect him/herself. Selfish :asshat:

If I had a choice, I wouldn't sign a form like this. If it's sign this form or not get medical care because all available doctors insist on the form, you don't have much choice. :sour: In that case, I'd consider that I was coerced into signing and feel justified in not following the agreement. I wouldn't tell the doc if I didn't follow his/her treatment plan. If s/he pushed me about it, I'd try to lie. This is saying a lot because I'm pathologically honest. I despise lying and I'm very bad at it. However, I don't think coerced agreements are binding.

I would work hard to find a PCP who didn't demand this form. I'd prefer a doctor who didn't consider him/herself my boss -- someone I have to justify my personal decisions to.

Who Me?

As I am searching for new docs and going to their websites I found this form on two that I thought were good options.

I've seen websites for internists and gerontologists who demand patients see them every 3 months blah blah blah.

Reviews for docs in general are horrifying. One doc told a patient to stop complaining, she's been listening to people all day long. Another spent days trying to get offices to code lab work correctly. One guy went to a walkin with tachycardia and the doc said I'm not paid to treat that go to the ER.

I just need someone to write rx's and run necessary labs and stuff my NP wants.

I really think docs are used to dumbass patients who are clueless about their health and what to do.

Sigh

Strike me lucky

As I am searching for new docs and going to their websites I found this form on two that I thought were good options.

I've seen websites for internists and gerontologists who demand patients see them every 3 months blah blah blah.

Reviews for docs in general are horrifying. One doc told a patient to stop complaining, she's been listening to people all day long. Another spent days trying to get offices to code lab work correctly. One guy went to a walkin with tachycardia and the doc said I'm not paid to treat that go to the ER.

I just need someone to write rx's and run necessary labs and stuff my NP wants.

I really think docs are used to dumbass patients who are clueless about their health and what to do.

Sigh

Sounds like we need a third world health care system where we dont need drs or prescriptions, just buy what we need from the pharmacy, skip the middle man.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources