Potential Microglia Inhibitors

Potential Microglia Inhibitors

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Potential Microglia Inhibitors - Mostly from Jarred Younger's Stanford talk

The microglia surround and protect the neurons in our brains and spinal cord. The main immune defenders in the brain, they spew out an array of inflammatory and neurotoxic substances when activated. Theses substances cause the symptoms associated with ‘sickness behavior’ when we have a cold such as fatigue, pain, mental fogginess, etc.
Some researchers believe the microglia have been primed to respond to substances called alarmins that are generated by cellular stress in Chronic...

Read more about this resource...

Who Me?

You like Kratom? My ex-girlfriend with terrible pain problems likes Kratom :)

I actually haven't used it yet. It kind of scares me. I keep having this vision of those wasted Indian dudes with the paint on their faces who smoke kratom all day long.

loki

@OP
that's what i'm talking about since 2 years!
i try to get my hands on minocycline today, see what it gives me...

ok, took a minocycline 20min ago... didn't think it will make a difference

Last edited:

loki

OK, WOW IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE.... I have to wait for potential placebo effects but I feel so much more calm! that's awesome! I have to take more of this for the next days and see what comes around...

thank you cort for this thread, thank you ...!!!

Paw

This editorial published yesterday by renowned Alzheimer's researchers seems to be getting some attention -- and could wind up helping some of us.

The bad news is that Alzheimer's (and, possible, Parkinson's etc) might be contagious! Herpes is a big suspect. The good news is that we may start seeing a push for much more vigorous testing with antivirals/antimicrobials.

Everything keeps pointing to inflammation.

loki

So, you think Alzheimer is caused by a virus? But why does the immune system control the virus long before the illness breaks out and then, all of a sudden, isn't capable of that anymore? Isn't it more like the immune system cannot remove the plaque and (because the IS is active all the time) that leads to the symptoms? Just a thought

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources