Quell (wearable TENS device)

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I really hope somebody tries this. It would be near the top of my list...

ShyestofFlies

I still can't figure out how to edit reviews!

So I found out about this on inspire's eds site- my partner has hypermobile eds so I follow the forums over there. The thread I found is here but there is another thread I will link as well about it.
https://www.inspire.com/groups/ehle...ussion/has-anyone-tried-quell-for-their-pain/

This thread quotes an article about a study on the quell device:
https://www.inspire.com/groups/ehle...w-wearable-nerve-stimulator-for-chronic-pain/

I personally cannot afford the device right now unless insurance were to cover it, but I have it bookmarked for if I ever have 250$ sitting around. Maybe if a few pain meds don't work I'll invest since in the long term 250$ on meds isn't really a lot. (I've only ever used otc and now cannot use nsaids due to ulcers. Tylenol does diddly for me.)

Steve

Cort, I did try this 24/7 for two months, I think, company was very good about trial time, was on Kickstarter when I did it. I know it has helped some FM folks but not me.

ElisaB

Hi Cort,

I just purchased the Quell device (Neuromatrix, MA) for my Mother who is in severe pain (multiple issues; spinal stenosis, degenerative disk disease, spinal compression fractures, bad hip, nerve issues). She has been active, healthy and on an excellent diet her whole life so this is especially sad...She is on day three of wearing it and we are praying it works for her. The Quell support team tells me it can take 2-3 weeks before pain relief. Will update when I know anything. The reviews on Amazon and grommet are pretty amazing for those it helps.

Also trying the Actipatch - loop - a local PEMF pain therapy.

If anybody reading this has any ideas managing severe chronic pain - please let me know. It has shaken our whole family and we are desperate to find relief for my Mother.

God Bless,

Elisabeth

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Hi Cort,

I just purchased the Quell device (Neuromatrix, MA) for my Mother who is in severe pain (multiple issues; spinal stenosis, degenerative disk disease, spinal compression fractures, bad hip, nerve issues). She has been active, healthy and on an excellent diet her whole life so this is especially sad...She is on day three of wearing it and we are praying it works for her. The Quell support team tells me it can take 2-3 weeks before pain relief. Will update when I know anything. The reviews on Amazon and grommet are pretty amazing for those it helps.

If anybody reading this has any ideas managing severe chronic pain - please let me know. It has shaken our whole family and we are desperate to find relief for my Mother.

God Bless,

Elisabeth
Hi Elisabeth - did your mother get any help from Quell?

Good luck for your Mom!

ElisaB

Hi Cort,

Unfortunately, my Mom's pain was not helped by the Quell. She wore it for two months... I have read some amazing stories from others that were helped with severe and intractable pain conditions.

One especially inspiring review of the Quell (link below) was from Jennifer at Pain News Network - I also exchanged emails with her and she continues to have significant pain relief from the Quell, along with a few other strategies.

http://www.painnewsnetwork.org/stor...are-the-quell-pain-relief-device?rq=wear tear

I think its worth purchasing since it has a 60 day money back guarantee.

Thanks for your interest. I am still looking for pain help for both my Mother and myself.

Take Care,

Elisabeth

Remy

Administrator
Hi Cort,

God Bless,

Elisabeth
Welcome, Elisabeth!

So sorry to hear about the pain your mother is experiencing. One of the meds Dr Younger has been investigating, ibudilast, has also been investigated for relieving severe nerve pain. It's not a narcotic (though it may help narcotics work better) and has very few side effects and no withdrawal or addiction potential. You just have to get it from Japan. :)

Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2009 Dec;10(17):2897-904. doi: 10.1517/14656560903426189.
Ibudilast: a review of its pharmacology, efficacy and safety in respiratory and neurological disease.

Rolan P1, Hutchinson M, Johnson K

Abstract

Ibudilast is a relatively nonselective phosphodiesterase inhibitor which has been marketed for almost 20 years in Japan for treating asthma. More recently it has been found to have anti-inflammatory activity in both the peripheral immune system and in the CNS via glial cell attenuation. This CNS-directed anti-inflammatory activity is of potential use in the treatment of multiple sclerosis, neuropathic pain, and in the improved efficacy and safety of opioids by decreasing opioid tolerance, withdrawal and reinforcement. Its suitable pharmacokinetics and generally good tolerability make it a promising potential treatment for these conditions.

Steve

Hi Cort,

Unfortunately, my Mom's pain was not helped by the Quell. She wore it for two months... I have read some amazing stories from others that were helped with severe and intractable pain conditions.

One especially inspiring review of the Quell (link below) was from Jennifer at Pain News Network - I also exchanged emails with her and she continues to have significant pain relief from the Quell, along with a few other strategies.

http://www.painnewsnetwork.org/stories/2015/7/22/wear-tear-care-the-quell-pain-relief-device?rq=wear tear

I think its worth purchasing since it has a 60 day money back guarantee.

Thanks for your interest. I am still looking for pain help for both my Mother and myself.

Take Care,

Elisabeth

Steve

Hi Elisabeth,
Finally able to log in. Sorry Quell did not work for your mom, did not work for my fibro, wore 24/7 for 60 days. They did have positive stories. I think they are a good company, realize it won't work for all of us, and lots of folks should try the device with that trial.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources