Resource icon

Resource Reboot your Microbiome (Orthomolecular)

Not dead yet!

Not dead yet! submitted a new resource:

Reboot your Microbiome (Orthomolecular) - Special nasal spray, tongue scraping, and probiotics combine to attack biofilms and restore flora.

Thomas Levy MD is asking for feedback on his protocol for helping the body to recover from microbiome damage. What I found intriguing about it is his saying to use the protocol more often in case of a "viral" event. I have chronic Epstein Barr and that fits with what I need. All the components seem harmless enough. Use caution, make the first batch at half strength just in case, use common sense of course. But it seems like a reasonable plan and since biofilms are an issue for me, I...

Read more about this resource...

Folk

I don't belive almost anything orthomolecular has to offer but I believe if there's a way to reboot your microbiome you have the closest thing to a panacea.
I really think the most promissing thing for us is FMT, although for lack of study we don't know if with antibiotics previously or how many times one should do it etc.

Not dead yet!

I don't belive almost anything orthomolecular has to offer but I believe if there's a way to reboot your microbiome you have the closest thing to a panacea.
I really think the most promissing thing for us is FMT, although for lack of study we don't know if with antibiotics previously or how many times one should do it etc.

There's an IBS antibiotic that's meant to re balance your flora called zifaxan (or something similar). It seemed to help the first two times I took it, but the third dose didn't make much difference. It's something you take three times and then wait and see. I hardly ever hear it mentioned.

My doctor said sometihng about flagyl being targeted at E. coli, but he didn't give me much info. I"d be happy to find a proper antibiotic solution that rebalanced instead of killed everything. I just don't see that talked about.

A lot of old remedies for infections have interesting effects, like you can put cinnamon in a bread recipe and the yeast doesn't die, yet it's supposedly antimicrobial. It's specifically antiviral, but if they're doing that in a test tube then I don't know how real world that is. Golden seal always helped me with colds and still does. But vitamin C is better. There are a lot of old school meds out there that are ignored because nobody can make any money from them. Usually a useful one is made synthetic (like synthetic yohimbe by prescription), but then the insurer won't pay anyway.

Crazy world. How about we make the goal helping people and put profit second?

Folk

There's an IBS antibiotic that's meant to re balance your flora called zifaxan (or something similar). It seemed to help the first two times I took it, but the third dose didn't make much difference. It's something you take three times and then wait and see. I hardly ever hear it mentioned.

My doctor said sometihng about flagyl being targeted at E. coli, but he didn't give me much info. I"d be happy to find a proper antibiotic solution that rebalanced instead of killed everything. I just don't see that talked about.

A lot of old remedies for infections have interesting effects, like you can put cinnamon in a bread recipe and the yeast doesn't die, yet it's supposedly antimicrobial. It's specifically antiviral, but if they're doing that in a test tube then I don't know how real world that is. Golden seal always helped me with colds and still does. But vitamin C is better. There are a lot of old school meds out there that are ignored because nobody can make any money from them. Usually a useful one is made synthetic (like synthetic yohimbe by prescription), but then the insurer won't pay anyway.

Crazy world. How about we make the goal helping people and put profit second?

Xifaxan is the same as Rifaximin which is used for SIBO. I took it twice also. The first time (with neomycin) not much improved the second time (with vancomycin) I noticed 100% improvement stomachwise, but as soon as I stopped everything came back. But people talk a lot about Rifaximin for cfs and sibo

Not dead yet!

Xifaxan is the same as Rifaximin which is used for SIBO. I took it twice also. The first time (with neomycin) not much improved the second time (with vancomycin) I noticed 100% improvement stomachwise, but as soon as I stopped everything came back. But people talk a lot about Rifaximin for cfs and sibo

They told me I could stay on it, once every three months, I could have a 14 day course. I'm getting that way with a lot of things... I'm on a once every 3 months prednisone system too. I'm pretty sure one day it will be daily. But not yet. Not for as long as I can move without wincing.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources