Supplement Sleep Remedy

jaminhealth

My sleep started to give me issues about 10 yrs ago and I'll be 79 soon.

What I take is as follows:

1/2mg to 1mg Melatonin
About 1.5 hrs before going to bed.

500mg Inositol or
250mg of Inositol/Choline combo

500mg Gaba

1 tablet Calms Forte

When I wake at 2-3AM and can't get
back to sleep, I take a Calms and/or Inositol

One can adjust the above accordingly, but this has worked pretty good for me for some yrs now.

Remy

Administrator
My sleep started to give me issues about 10 yrs ago and I'll be 79 soon.

What I take is as follows:

1/2mg to 1mg Melatonin
About 1.5 hrs before going to bed.

500mg Inositol or
250mg of Inositol/Choline combo

500mg Gaba

1 tablet Calms Forte

When I wake at 2-3AM and can't get
back to sleep, I take a Calms and/or Inositol

One can adjust the above accordingly, but this has worked pretty good for me for some yrs now.

I do something similar...

SR niacinamide 3000mg
SR melatonin 0.9mg
Tryptophan 4g
Inositol 12g
Glycine 8g
MinTran 4 tablets
Phosphatidylserine 300mg
Oleamide, as needed

jaminhealth

I do something similar...

SR niacinamide 3000mg
SR melatonin 0.9mg
Tryptophan 4g
Inositol 12g
Glycine 8g
MinTran 4 tablets
Phosphatidylserine 300mg
Oleamide, as needed

Whatever works, I say. I take 500mg Niacinamide about 3 times per day for arthritis. THINK it helps. I just went from 1/2mg Melatonin to 1mg as my sleep has gotten so messed up since hospital/rehabs for a staph infection in knee which kept me down for 4.5 months ... it was a nightmare and believe the attending doctors were negligent in finding the real culprit for the falls I had.

Vaporization

3 drops of 3% CBD oil, and sleep problems are a thing of the past.

To be more specific, I sleep deeply every night and tolerance to this benefit doesn't develop. However, I don't awaken feeling really rested any more often than before.

Kinda hard to explain.

jaminhealth

3 drops of 3% CBD oil, and sleep problems are a thing of the past.

To be more specific, I sleep deeply every night and tolerance to this benefit doesn't develop. However, I don't awaken feeling really rested any more often than before.

Kinda hard to explain.

I'm decades older than you and never had issues with sleep until menopause hit me and probably the Fibro shock and aging. I wake up pretty refreshed for being as old as I am and a body full of OA.

Vaporization

I'm decades older than you and never had issues with sleep until menopause hit me and probably the Fibro shock and aging. I wake up pretty refreshed for being as old as I am and a body full of OA.

Well, if Osteoarthritis is a problem for you, then definitely have a look at Cannabidiol. It can help.

As to you being decades older than me, well, that's not me in the avatar.

You'll have fun with this, click on the camera, then copy the location or click and drag an image into the search box. You'll see where an image most probably came from.

jaminhealth

I clicked on THIS and no camera. I've tried CBD oil but not the drops for ingestion. I'll save the material you sent me. I deal with bodywide OA and avoid surgery as much as possible...a hip replacement in 2010 caused more OA and side effects I'm living with.

luckyme

For me, Melatonin doesnt seem to work properly, unfortunately. Thats why im aways searching for alternatives. The next one im eager to try is the Oleamide from here, as my sister made some good experiences with it. Any of you of tried it?

Last edited:

jaminhealth

I don't know Oleamide but thanks for the info.

My adjuncts with Melatonin are Inositol, Gaba, Lemon Balm, Typtophan and Calms Forte'....some nights I sleep good and some nights can be tough. Last night was a tough one as my mind was thinking too much about the fires going on here. Plus OA bodypain wakes me.

Right now I'm taking 1.5mg Melatonin but I've heard some take up to 10mg nightly.,..sure sounds like too much but who knows what others bodies need and work with.

jaminhealth

Since I've added 500mg L Tryptophan and 50mg B6 (p5p) at about 9:30ish, I no longer lay awake after bathroom trips...get right back to sleep. This has been since about 2 months now. I lay my head down on pillow at 10:30ish and I'm gone until first bathroom trip but at least I can stretch out my stiff knees. And back...so all is not lost.

curlycat

Oleamide is one of my favorites. It replicates physiological sleep and increases slow wave sleep. It's non-addicting. It isn't a sleeping pill but it helps keep me asleep without any morning grogginess. I use it as a part of this sleep protocol.

I know this is old, but if you see this could you tell me.... does Oleamide still work for you? I ordered some based on this thread, and I am having trouble taking it. I just emailed them to ask how to take it, though they will get a good laugh out of such a seemingly dumb question. It sticks to the scoop, and I have to hit it really hard to get it out, then it won't mix in water at all, so I ended up inhaling the power into my lung and coughing for half an hour. Next, I tried holding my breath and licking it off my palm, lol. How the heck do you take it? How much do you need? I took 2 doses of 50 mgs. each so far with no effects. I have alpha-delta sleep disorder, hypopnea, and severe post-benzo withdrawal insomnia. Thank you!

jaminhealth

The other day I almost fell, and did catch myself, but my body really whacked out with the Fight/Flight/Fright mode, so I had to figure out how to calm the body down so I upped my Inositol for the last few nights along with my regular sleep stuff, and omg my body did so good and my dreams were even more profound and talk about travels while I slept...

For those STILL working with sleep issues, look at the Inositol more for help. Could be a real key for you. I buy 500mg caps so I can adjust easily.

jaminhealth

Looking at my sleep combo and how I've tweaked it over the years..I've removed Gaba from my program now. Some nights a little more Inositol to calm the body and ready it for a night's sleep.

GrammaLinda

Thank you everyone for your interesting responses. I see many options but my problem has become taking pills. I take several Rx meds a.m. and p.m. in addition to some supplements. I have been having throat problems due to a years long chronic cough no physician seems to want to deal with. Coughing, gagging, sneezing and none of them delicate as an English rose! By years I mean over 30. Occasional lapses but it always returns. When the pills stack themselves I can expect a sleepless night from recurring doses of cough syrup, throat spray and chugging honey. I also have dry mouth. So I am turning to supplements in dropper form. Just ordered super B drops and will supplement with additional water soluble B's. Cause as we all know the mdr's on the label refer to healthy youngsters. One of my docs told me to take double the gummy B's I was once able to obtain. Due to age (73 now), and not being in perfect health as it is.
I do not eat as well as I should due to not having any appetite most days. When I am especially ill from ME/CFS/FM I have to force myself to eat. I even like to have choc milk on hand and I fix fruity plain yogurt fruity smoothies. So why do I gain weight. Even being inactive requires a few calories. Frustrating to say the least. Some days it takes energy I do not have to hold my head up, chew and swallow.
Back to the point - I take all the above treatments to heart. But for me no pills and I have ordered a large supply of potent CBD oil. It is actually very good for you in the way of fish oils and tastes similar to olive oil, and I even rub some on my skin. I feel it has been very maligned due to the connection to thc.
It sure is nice to have people in my life who share and understand.

jaminhealth

GrammaLinda, sorry to hear all your issues. And to me 73 is a kid. I believe maybe the weight gain could be from the body holding on to weight as it's not being fed. I have a neighbor who fasts a lot, a whole other story, but she is heavier than ever.

Hopefully the CBD oil will help and for sure with sleep. Some have reported good results.

On the coughing, my son in law ignored it too long and it was cancer and he made it another 6 months after dx, but he smoked many yrs of his life. Have you ever considered an Integrative MD. We have many here in CA. Hope you get some help.

BTW: The melatonin is very very small and many are lozenges and the homeopathic Calms Forte' is a very very small tablet. But a lot of power. I work with a lot of homeopathics.

GrammaLinda

GrammaLinda, sorry to hear all your issues. And to me 73 is a kid. I believe maybe the weight gain could be from the body holding on to weight as it's not being fed. I have a neighbor who fasts a lot, a whole other story, but she is heavier than ever.

Hopefully the CBD oil will help and for sure with sleep. Some have reported good results.

On the coughing, my son in law ignored it too long and it was cancer and he made it another 6 months after dx, but he smoked many yrs of his life. Have you ever considered an Integrative MD. We have many here in CA. Hope you get some help.

BTW: The melatonin is very very small and many are lozenges and the homeopathic Calms Forte' is a very very small tablet. But a lot of power. I work with a lot of homeopathics.

GrammaLinda

jaminhealth - i have thought of that with my weight. Over my life I have found not eating breads and pasta work for me with weight loss. I love both so much I crave them. Sometimes I need comfort food and that is what I am hungry for.

I have visited a homeopath in Denver when I lived in that area. He is the one who tried the blood irradiation on my former husband. It worked so well but it just didn't last long enough. He put us both on the blood type diet. Amazing results. He also put me on acidophilus but the type that has to be refrigerated and is hard to find. So I am definitely not against it. But we only have Kaiser for healthcare and supplement. They do ok. Going to the homeo was expensive.

I recently had massive labs. They took 9 vials for all the testing. All looked good. I have requested I be referred to an ENT and that was over a week ago. I have heard nothing.

I keep reminding myself to try melatonin. I do not get out of the house much so I easily forget. But I will close this and head for Amazon while it is on my mind. I order so much from Amazon and Costco.

Have a great rest of evening.

PS my brother lives in Thousand Oaks and I have visited there several times.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources