Resource Small Fiber Neuropathy Screening List

Could you have small fiber neuropathy? Take this test and find out

1. Cort

Cort Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising Staff Member

Cort submitted a new resource:

Small Fiber Neuropathy Assessment Tool - Could you have small fiber neuropathy? Take this test and find out

Read more about this resource...

Rindy Russell likes this.
  2. GG

GG Well-Known Member

Thinking that perhaps this attachment would also "fit" here.

Attached Files:

3. grizzly

grizzly Member

So my question is...Who has been screened positive with Small Fiber Neuropathy?

Who has had a lab test that indicates Small Fiber Neuropathy? i.e. Punch Biopsy test.

Who has Small Fiber Neuropathy and Fibromyalgia?

I have tested positive with both unfortunately. Sadly, doctors seem to just shrug their shoulders when I tell them this.

4. Cort

Cort Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising Staff Member

Studies suggest that about 40% of FM patients have SFN. It's not clear how much pain its causing in FM but there are some things doctors can try...

5. grizzly

grizzly Member

That's what I though Cort. And there are similar studies in Veterans with GWI to have a higher prevalence of SFN.

Just thinking out loud. I wonder if positive tests for SFN is more of a positive indicator to FM than the other way around. This is so long as there isn't another underlying cause for the SFN.

6. ShyestofFlies

ShyestofFlies Well-Known Member

I have heard frommthe EDS community that there are reports that they too have higher rates of SFN than the general populous.

7. LindaW

LindaW New Member

8. LindaW

LindaW New Member

I think there is a difference between the deep aches and skin sensitivities that go with small fiber neuropathy and the painful joints some experience, and the deep all-over ache in a limb versus the pain that is a near cramp in one or more specific muscles. I am so, so optimistic that exploring the 'small fiber neuropathy' lone of inquiry is going to be the thing that helps me get better. I am disappointed, though, in the long wait to see a neurologist, and then the information that the skin biopsy may take a month to process!

ShyestofFlies likes this.