Small Wins!

Remy

Administrator
I'm going to try to celebrate the small wins in my life more regularly...anybody else want to join me?

Today I emptied out the bag of "rescue" meds from my purse and filled it up with (non toxic!) nail polish instead so that I can hopefully go have a pedicure this spring.

And I walked by the guys spreading mulch down the street several times with no discernible allergic reaction when last year I had to walk the other way when I saw their truck.

Progress.

[bimg=no-lightbox]https://frankcianciulli.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/small-wins-can-go-a-long-way.jpg[/bimg]

Rosie26

I found some hardly used, new, cream coloured curtains I had stowed away years ago and washed them out today. I have hung one up in my room. I'll do the other in the weekend. I'm preparing for winter and trying to get the house warmed up.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Celebrate small wins! Why? because most of the wins we have are small and enough small wins can become big wins.

Congratulations...:couchpotato: I hope you keep having more small wins. And no more bags of rescue meds needed - plus you replace it with toxic nail polish - those are two pretty big wins actually.

I'm going to try to celebrate the small wins in my life more regularly...anybody else want to join me?

Today I emptied out the bag of "rescue" meds from my purse and filled it up with (non toxic!) nail polish instead so that I can hopefully go have a pedicure this spring.

And I walked by the guys spreading mulch down the street several times with no discernible allergic reaction when last year I had to walk the other way when I saw their truck.

Progress.

[bimg=no-lightbox]https://frankcianciulli.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/small-wins-can-go-a-long-way.jpg[/bimg]

Cort

Staff member
I am pacing myself more and my pain level is going down quite a bit plus I am just feeling better...:hungry:

I'm trying to go horizontal and take a nap every couple of hours.

Small things can make a difference :)

Rosie26

I had lunch with a coworker in a very noisy pub without wearing ear plugs, without taking a Xanax and without losing my mind.
That was a big win. It sounded like you had really enjoyed yourself too. I don't tolerate noise either. I can't sit inside at a café because of all the loud voices and noise coming from different directions. I sit outside even in the winter which isn't pleasant but better than deteriorating more quickly when out.

Rosie26

My small win today was managing to keep my HR monitor on for the whole morning.... (before I tore it off in frustration.. )
I would be the same I think. I still haven't organized getting a HR monitor. I have a feeling I am doing far more than I should be.

lisaadele

I would be the same I think. I still haven't organized getting a HR monitor. I have a feeling I am doing far more than I should be.
It took me so long to get to this too. I had a crappy wrist HR monitor a few years ago that I played around with but it didn't give a continuous reading.
This week have finally started with a decent one and discovered that I have been doing way too much and frequently going over. This has been a downer but an eye opener too.

Cort

Staff member
It took me so long to get to this too. I had a crappy wrist HR monitor a few years ago that I played around with but it didn't give a continuous reading.
This week have finally started with a decent one and discovered that I have been doing way too much and frequently going over. This has been a downer but an eye opener too.
What is a decent HR monitor? Can you give a brand?

lisaadele

What is a decent HR monitor? Can you give a brand?
I started with a Timex wrist HR monitor and it just didn't work very well. It was cheap but not useful as I couldn't get it to show my hr continuously.

I now have a Polar FT1 brand HR monitor that uses a chest strap. It cost around $90. It is decent in that I can get a fairly reliable constant heart rate from it. The chest strap is a bit annoying but I got used to it, although it isn't hot and humid yet. It has cut out or stopped reading on a few occasions so not 100% reliable.

I think for more money you can get a lot more from the fit bit wrist types but I haven't looked into that yet. I have to see where I am going with the HR monitoring....

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources