Stanford Chronic Fatigue Clinic. Has anyone gone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chfrazzle, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Chfrazzle

Chfrazzle Member

I am strongly considering making an appointment for my young adult daughter with the Chronic Fatigue Clinic at Stanford. I am not expecting anything miraculous but hoping they might stumble across something not picked up on before, as in another health issue that might be adding to her symptoms. I see a lot of discussion about Dr. Montoya and his research but not much on the clinic itself. Does anyone have any personal knowledge or opinions? Any idea how extensive their testing is? Can your mitochondrial function be tested?

2. Cort

Cort Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising Staff Member

I've talked to a couple of people who were not impressed. One person flew from Europe to see Montoya; did not feel it was worth it.

I strongly recommend that you head over to see Dr. Kaufman/Chheda in Moutain View. Kaufman gets great reviews; he was one of just two ME/CFS doctors to attend the Dysautonomia International Conference, he's curious and trying new things and does a boatload of testing. He's up on MCAS, POTS and autoimmune testing (uses the German Celltrend panel) and is working on creating an IV for MCAS patients. Someone who;s seeing him just told me he got her IVIG approved on Medicare. :)

Kaufman is also meeting with Ron Davis's group

Plus he seems to be a really nice guy! :)

3. Cort

Center for Complex Diseases - https://centerforcomplexdiseases.business.site/

4. Chfrazzle

Chfrazzle Member

Thank you Cort, I really appreciate your candidness. I will definitely check them out.
    Thanks again

5. Cort

Good luck! I think Kaufman and Chheda are doing pretty cutting edge stuff. They would be at the top of my list of practitioners to see.

I just saw Dr. Pridgen, by the way, and have started his protocol. So far, so good :)