Steve Barwick's Quick Energy Cocktails for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)

Resource Steve Barwick's Quick Energy Cocktails for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Steve Barwick's Quick Energy Cocktail - From a former person with ME/CFS and the owner of Targeted Nutrients

My “Quick Energy” Cocktail

If you’re feeling fatigued and want to test my findings, try taking the following natural “cocktail” of immune-boosting and energy-restoring substances:
D-Ribose (1500 mg.)​
Beta-1,3-1,6-glucan (3mg.)​
B-12 Methylcobalamin (1,000 micrograms)​
Alternately, try a 10 mg. capsule of...​

Read more about this resource...

Rachel Riggs

YIKES! Please note this will be a disaster for some. D-ribose gave me low blood sugar symptoms, and methylcobalamin is responsible for a major progression in my symptoms from which I've never recovered. Some of us are too sensitive...

Cort

Staff member
YIKES! Please note this will be a disaster for some. D-ribose gave me low blood sugar symptoms, and methylcobalamin is responsible for a major progression in my symptoms from which I've never recovered. Some of us are too sensitive...
This is the anti Quick Energy Cocktail.

Why anyone markets anything for everyone in ME/CFS I don't know...

Who Me?

He said he had high EBV. How does that translate to mecfs? Maybe he just had Epstein Barr?

I'm like @Rachel Riggs most of what he said he took would do me in. Most have caused horrible reactions.

again one size does not fill all, or even most. And the cynic that I am questions him since he's making money off the backs of the sick.

Last edited:

Rachel Riggs

He said he had high EBV. How does that translate to mecfs? Maybe he just bad Epstein Barr?

I'm like @Rachel Riggs most of what he said he took would do me in. Most have caused horrible reactions.

again one size does not fill all, or even most. And the cynic that I am questions him since he's making money off the backs of the sick.
Yeah, it always feels a bit suspect when someone is peddling something...

Cort

Staff member
He said he had high EBV. How does that translate to mecfs? Maybe he just had Epstein Barr?

We are so far from being a one-size fits all disease it's incredible. Why does anyone ever state something like that?

Katherine Autry

I'm not sure how one would interpret "try this" as "this works for every me/ CFS patient". He made no such claim.

I'm interested in how you determined that methyl cobalamin caused a bad reaction - if you ruled out other "inactive" or active ingredients in the B12, and you weren't doing anything else new or different, then I'm interested in whether it was the methylation itself that caused a reaction - and in that case whether you are also allergic to sulfa since methylation involves sulfur. Also if you have the MTHFR genetic mutation affecting your ability to methylate B12 and folate on your own. Also if you have a similar issue with methylfolate? Thanks.
I suspect many of us have issues with sulfur which contribute to -or are caused by -the metabolic and immune issues of CFS. Sulphur plays an essential role in those processes.
http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/sulphur-the-forgotten-nutrient/ easily readable reference
http://benbest.com/health/Meth.html. Complex description of methylation process with diagrams

Really nice summary:
B12 (cobalamin) is a vitamin “family” with five unique family members that each do different things: a) cyanocobalamin; b) hydroxycobalamin; c) adenosylcobalamin; d) glutathionylcobalamin; e) methylcobalamin. Out of the B12 family, only Methyl-B12 has the ability to activate the methionine/homocysteine biochemical pathway directly. It is this pathway that is responsible for the body’s entire sulfur-based detoxification system. It is this pathway that is responsible for the formation of S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), the universal methyl donor. It is this pathway that is responsible for the formation of homocysteine, the “crossroads” molecule that is responsible either to reform methionine and SAMe or create cysteine, taurine, and glutathione. Glutathione is the body’s primary intracellular antioxidant and is responsible for many detoxification reactions, most notably those that involve the binding and removal of mercury, lead, cadmium, arsenic, nickel, tin, antimony, and many other lesser-known heavy metals that also bind to glutathione’s sulfur group.

Methyl-B12 is closely allied with the folic acid biochemical pathway. A precursor folic acid molecule must interact with the enzyme MTHFR (methylenetetrahydrofolic acid) to become 5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, the molecule that donates its methyl group to B12 so it can become Methyl-B12. Unfortunately, many children have a defect in this enzyme.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources