Resource icon

Resource Suffered Long Enough?

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Suffered Long Enough? - FibroGeeks Favorite Book and Best Treatment Plan to Date

Dr. Rawls "Suffer Long Enough" Book lead FibroGeek to the best treatment plan she's found for fibromyalgia yet. It's multidimensional and focused heavily on diet, supplements and particularly herbs.

The blurb below is from Amazon.com

For patients suffering from chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, or Lyme disease, life can be extremely frustrating. Doctor visits that never yield a clear diagnosis, drug therapy that leaves you feeling weak and exhausted and medical bills that you can...

Read more about this resource...

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I've read the book as well. It's a pretty detailed guide on changing diet and lifestyle and adding supplements to help you get your life back. Dr. Rawls had Fibro/CFS/Lyme (he lumps them together) and used his protocol to heal himself and now makes it available to others. You can also check out my review of the book here:
http://countingmyspoons.com/2015/01/book-review-suffered-long-enough-dr-bill-rawls/
Thanks - So no big revelations about herbs/supplements?

It seems like a lot of these books do cover similar ground. Reduce stress, pace, eat well, do appropriate exercise and take some supplements ????? My diet has been good for almost forever, I could do better at pacing. I have tried supplements before - but am trying them again.......Reducing stress is a big one and adding in supplemental aids is where I'm at now. I am making progress.

I bought the book and am going to check it out.

It was nothing earth shattering for me because I was already doing what he suggests. His advice is good (IMO) and it's very specific, not just general "eat better" but specifically what foods to avoid/ what foods to eat. Not just take supplements but which supplements to take specifically depending on which symptoms you have. It's not one-size-fits-all which is good.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources