Survey Suggests High rates of post HPV Vaccination Problems Present

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Two years after falling ill, Emily was eventually referred to Dr Pradip Thakker; he used a tilt table test to diagnose PoTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome), a condition where moving from lying down to standing up causes an abnormally high heart rate. By this time Emily was able to manage only three to four hours of school a week.

Dr. Martinez-Lavin is a fibromyalgia expert who thinks HPV vaccinations are creating a real problem for the some. The interesting thing for the ME/CFS and FM communities is that the side effects appear to be effecting the autonomic nervous system in some cases producing POTS.

When Caron Ryalls was asked to sign consent forms so that her then 13-year-old daughter, Emily, could be vaccinated against cervical cancer, she assumed it was the best way to protect Emily’s long-term health.

Yet the past four years have turned into a nightmare for the family as Emily soon suffered side effects. Only two weeks after her first HPV injection, the teenager experienced dizziness and nausea.

“The symptoms grew increasingly worse after the second and third injections, and I went to A&E several times with severe chest and abdominal pains as well as difficulty breathing,” Emily, now 17, said. “One time I couldn’t move anything on one side of my body. I didn’t know what was happening.”

Emily is one of the thousands of teenage girls who have endured debilitating illnesses following the routine immunisation. She is yet to recover and has no idea when her health will return to normal.
drug-reactions.jpg
vaccine1

“Prior to the vaccination Emily had an ‘unremarkable’ medical history with no problems,” said Mrs Ryalls, 49, from in Ossett, West Yorkshire. “She was considered very healthy and represented the school at hockey, netball, athletics and was a keen dancer. She was also a high achiever at school, in the top sets for everything and predicted at least 10 GCSE with high grades. Her future was very bright.”

Mrs Ryalls reported Emily’s condition to the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). In the 10 years to April this year the agency received almost 22,000 “spontaneous suspected” adverse drug reaction (ADR) reports in 13 routine immunisation categories including flu, MMR, tetanus, diphtheria and polio, according to a Freedom of Information response released earlier this month.

In the HPV category alone, ADRs numbered 8,228, of which 2,587 were classified as “serious” – defined by several criteria, including whether it resulted in hospitalisation or was deemed life threatening.

Dr Martinez-Lavin said PoTS and fibromyalgia are among the diseases he believes have developed after HPV vaccination, and that clinicians should be aware of the possible association between HPV vaccination and the development of these “difficult to diagnose” painful syndromes.

Wayne

I'm appalled by what HPV vaccinations (and most other vaccines) are doing to untold numbers of children around the world (hundreds by thousands of major adverse reactions for sure). Re: the HPV vaccine, I read that Merck, 1.5 years into a scheduled 4-year clinical trial, asked for "fast-track" approval, and because the initial results were supposed to be so good, got it OK'd by the FDA.

So what did the trials show after 4 years instead of 1.5 years? Well, it turns out that once Merck got fast-track approval, they discontinued the trials altogether. Why not, from their perspective? Why continue with something that may eventually show problems, and which were only done to get FDA approval in the first place? I certainly wouldn't want their karma.

ShyestofFlies

There's now posters in my PCPs office recommending all younger (10ish? 12?) pre-pubescent kids (boys and girls) get this one.

I'm not an anti-vax personally, but this vaccine was particularly expensive, required 3 separate dose visits, and seemed unnecessary to me personally.

I understand why some would choose to get it, I just wonder if that age is a little young. I was told once you have sex they won't give you the vaccine anymore... which seems a little uhh bull-shitty to me.

If the goal is prevention, prevention can start at anytime as long as you aren't exposed right? And even if you are exposed to one strain, doesn't it protect against more than one strain of virus? so it still seems like if it's worthwhile there'd be some merit.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources