Taking Synthroid/Levo and Not feeling good

Not dead yet!

I’m so stuck right now. One doctor wants to put me on thyroid medicine, synthroid. Half my other doctors agree and half do not. My thyroid tests are not in the abnormal range although the endo likes to explain how they use different parameters. I have Hashimotos Encephalopathy (rare), ME and fibromyalgia. I do have the symptoms of hypothyroid but some could be explained by being post menopausal which I went into menopause at 34, they say due to my autoimmune issues. I’m on Famvir to try to get rid of EBV. My thyroid antibodies are sky high but again I have Hashimotos Encephalopathy. Really don’t want to take more medicine especially if I’m in the normal range. Any advice?

Since I had such success with liothyronine (pure active T3), I've met several local Naturopaths and MD's who swear that the only drug that should ever be given is active T3. I don't know what synthroid is as far as T4/T3, but this is the first time I've heard of it being given to someone who hasn't had thyroid removal surgery. The reasons for why they're suggesting it might be specific to your case, so idk.

What's your blood calcium level at? If it's high, you might want to instead ask if your parathyroid is ok. A place like this can do minimally invasive tests much more detailed than a blood test: https://www.parathyroid.com/ It might be worth looking into.

jaminhealth

Just heard a segment on NPR that about 1/3 of the U.S. population are iodine deficient...of course goiters are one cause from deficient iodine and Fatigue is another one.

I still take 1 drop Iosol daily for my iodine coverage.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources